TV mount / bracket

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Adventurebound365

After looking around for a good tv mount I finally came across a mount by www.lockingtvmounts.com they have a few options to choose from and I went with their 13" locking mount. It was really easy to install with the wide mounting plate and holds my 39" Visio no problem and looks great! My favorite feature about this tv mount is knowing my television remains secure when we are traveling...I don't want anything to happen to my new tv and miss a game!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 161
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 153
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 153
Looks great. Is your TV wider than the space between the adjacent cabinet doors, or can you open each of them with the TV in the center between them? I am looking to do the same, but can only fit a 28" between mine.
Have others used similar mounts? I just bought a mount and took it to an RV renovator, who said they don't recommend them up front, because eventually they start to get loose and rattle/shake while underway. He recommended making a door over the old CRT cabinet, and mounting the TV to it. Anyone have that setup? Seems nice because I'd have the storage space back, but I'm not sure how door hinges would hold up with the TV bouncing on them either...

I had something like that on a 37" LED and soon discovered that a single arm mount just wasn't quite strong enough for my 'cringe factor'.  I replaced it with a double swing arm that was rated for up to 150 pounds, and I strap it down for travel.  I didn't like it bouncing around even a little bit.

You might want to check all those nuts & bolts for tightness every few months.  LocTite helps.

Is this a DIY project, you think? My concern is my ignorance of the structural design of the box, and not knowing exactly how to make sure the weight is correctly-supported. I assume it's just a 2x4 box hanging from the ceiling frame and that a plywood square could be fit directly into it to serve as an anchor for a TV bracket...

Weight is usually not a problem as the TV that came out usually weighs several times more than the LCD that went in.

I replaced void left from removing old anchor with a cabinet insert with a 3/4 width door. Swing arm mount afixed to cabinet, not door. (Rated at 150 lbs)
TV is 39" that overlaps doors on both sides but swing arm allows easy access to both

Attachments

• WP_20140309_003.jpg
    WP_20140309_003.jpg
    202.9 KB · Views: 103
  • WP_20140309_001.jpg
    WP_20140309_001.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 89
We are thinking of using a piano hinge on the upward opening cabinet door.  We like the idea of mounting the flat TV on this door and using the piano hinge.  Having never used piano hinges we have been doing internet research.

We would like the door to have about an inch overhang all around so the door would latch tightly against the frame.  After watching a bunch of Youtube videos, they all talk about a 'swinging' type door with piano hinge.

We need some direction.  How did you install your piano hinge so the door closed firm?  What gauge piano hinge would be strong (extra strong) enough?  Would another type of hinge be a stronger, better choice? What to do? what to do?

Obviously we are not cabinet makers but can do this.  We have boxed in the 'new' storage space, insulated behind all the cab0ver space.  We stapled carpet on the bottom up and around about a quarter of the way up the back.  I am thinking it would be sound deadening and does cover up where the  floor/sides meet .

I see where  BobSharon mounted the TV next to the door, then used the piano hinge on the side with an 'inside' cut door.
Any suggestions, thoughts or ramblings on this topic are appreciated.
Mike Leslie
2003 Winnebago Minnie 29C

I installed a 32" Visio on a piano hinge in a Winnie for a friend.  I used a hinge that was about 2" wide. And simply mounted the TV on a backing of 3/4" plywood.  I drilled the holes in the ply big enough to allow some movement of the TV as necessary for centering/leveling.  Fender washers from the local Ace Hardware hold it in place.

I recommend that you install a fail safe latch to keep the TV from swinging open when you don't want it to.  I also installed a cable on the inside to keep it from smacking the driver in the head if that latch failed.

Next time I go on a trip with that friend I'll get pictures, not that that will be in time to help....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom