EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products PO Box Zone
Over The Network Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Satellite dish tripod mount  (Read 5734 times)

DonJordan

• Former Staff
  • ---
Satellite dish tripod mount
« on: April 17, 2005, 01:17:56 AM »
I finally upgraded my portable satellite dish to a DishPro Dish 500 so that I canget both Dish's 119 and 110 birds at the same time.  The new dish is larger and heavier as is the dual LNB head and support arm.  My old ground mount support for the older dish is just not sturdy enough for the new dish so I'm thinking I need a sturdy tripod mount.  Any suggestions for a GOOD FOLDING TRIPOD?
Don Jordan.

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
    • RV Forum web site
Re: Satellite dish tripod mount
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2005, 01:21:09 AM »
Don't know about a folding tripod Don, but Home Depot sells decent collapsible/telescoping ones intended for contractor use.
Tom.  Need help? Click the Help button in the toolbar above.

DonJordan

• Former Staff
  • ---
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2005, 01:25:13 AM »
Tom,

Thanks for the suggestion.  I'll take a look at them.  Mainly I want something sturdy that can be collapsed, folded, or by whatever means made to fit in the MH without completely dominating the area  ;D.
Don Jordan.

Ron

• Former Staff
  • ---
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2005, 01:29:27 AM »
I saw a surveyors tripod in Lowes, maybe Home Depot,  earlier this year that would probably meet your requirments.  Was a little smaller than what I use to use for the DW but should work very well for what you want.
Ron & Sam-home is where we park it. Currently located   HERE

DonJordan

• Former Staff
  • ---
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2005, 02:25:20 PM »
Ron,

I saw a surveyors tripod in Lowes, maybe Home Depot, earlier this year that would probably meet your requirments. Was a little smaller than what I use to use for the DW but should work very well for what you want.

Thanks, I'll take a look the next time we go to town.
Don Jordan.

N Smock

• ---
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2005, 07:57:56 AM »
Don

What I did for a tripod was get a 500 watt work lamp from Home Depot. I can use the lamp around the house so I took it off and stowed it in the basement. I then salvaged the tripod and mounted the dish to the vertical on the tripod. I use stakes to further stabilize the unit if windy.

Nelson

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
    • RV Forum web site
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2005, 08:42:49 AM »
Don

Whichever tripod you get, I don't know if any of these might ideas might help for mounting the dish; They are a few of the creative ways I've seen folks using. These were holding the lager DW dishes, but it would seem the ideas would work fine for a TV dish. If you need larger pics, let me know and I'll upload them when we get home.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2005, 09:25:53 PM by Tom »
Tom.  Need help? Click the Help button in the toolbar above.

DonJordan

• Former Staff
  • ---
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2005, 07:50:45 PM »
Tom,

Thanks for the pics on how others have mounted dish antennas to surveyor type tripods.  They are appreciated.  I'm still dithering about what to do.  I cleverly went into Lowes today and completely forgot to check out the tripods  >:( .  The pics are clear enough as is so don't need to have the larger versions  ;D .
Don Jordan.

Hosted by Over The Network