Has anyone organized an RV rally for their "neighborhood" or city?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MN Blue Skies

Site Team
RVs seem to be popping up all over our small Twin Cities suburb of Champlin, MN.  Maybe it just seems that way because we are new to RVing.  Anyhow, has anyone ever tried to organize an RV event for their "neighborhood" or city?  If so how did you go about getting it together?

It's sort of a "build it and they will come" kind of thing. Here on the forum we often just announce that so-and-so is going camping somewhere and invites others to join in. Not much planning other than to pick a place. Other rallies are more organized, with arrangements made with a campground for a group of sites, maybe a special group rate, and perhaps some activities, like a trip to a local attraction (museum, show, etc).

To invite people you don't ordinarily have have some contact, e.g. your neighborhood or city, with is an advertising problem. It's easier if there is an RV club or other way to reach prospective attendees. If you don't already have social contact with them, even indirectly thru a club, then you have to make the rally sound attractive enough to get their attention.

Ahh ha!  Sounds like I need to organize a local RV club.  Just what I need ... another project but I am pretty good at organizing once I set my mind to it. 

I belong to a retired guy's club, and a couple of the members decided they'd organize and announce a rally. They've done this a couple of times, and we were very pleased we attended. One caveat - the two organizers and their spouses worked their butts off.

We also belong to a local boat club with a number of RVers among their members. We've held several informal rallies and trips with some of these folks. One of the guys called my other half one day and said "let's go to Florida", and  Chris replied "OK, let's go". Five couples made the trip.

This same guy called Chris one day and said "let's go to Ensenada (by boat) for the new year". Chris said "OK let's go". We harbor hopped and spent 3 months on that trip down the West coast. 3,500 gallons of diesel later we were home.

LOL Lou. One of the folks along on that trip has the next larger model of boat, and he used 5,000 gallons. At a happy hour among forum members, he commented that fueling his coach felt like it was "free" in comparison to his boat. OTOH this was when diesel was $1.39/gallon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom