Mattress Insider RV Mattresses

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fifthwheelfanatic

Hello everyone!  I'm looking for a custom replacement mattress for our fifth wheel as the one that's in there is at the end of it's life.  It's a 60"x75" with two rounded corners at the foot end to make it easier to walk around the mattress.  Most of everything I've been finding online is a cheap made in China type product (or they don't disclose where it's made), off gases chemical smells, or they won't disclose any specifications on their product (i.e. the density of their foams...an important consideration for the durability of the mattress).  My biggest thing is I'm looking for a custom shop.  I don't want to buy a 60x75 or a 60x80 and then be doing surgery to the new bed (i.e. cut it down with a knife, etc).  I also don't want to buy a topper for the existing mattress as it's falling apart.

I came across MattressInsider.com on the internet and they seem like they'd be a good fit (they do custom, eco friendly, ship quick, etc), but I wanted to see if anybody on here has experience with them or any of their mattresses before we take the plunge.  We're based in Colorado like they are but they don't have a showroom out here where we can try the beds.   

Has anybody bought from them?  If so, which model did you buy and why?  How long have you had it?  How was Mattress Insider's service?  They seem to be good before the sale (responsive to my endless questions, etc) but how are they after the sale?  If you didn't like the mattress and you had to donate it (they have a donation policy), was it easy to do or was it a hassle?  I wouldn't have that policy because I need a custom mattress, but I'm curious how easy they are to work with if things go wrong.

Thanks!  I'm going to try posting this on a few other forums as well as we need to get an order placed pretty quickly.  Are there any other forums you'd suggest that I post this on?

Thanks everyone!  :)
Sarah

I just purchased 5.5" Elation Cool-MAX? Gel Foam RV Mattress II, short queen 60 X 75 mattress from them about 3 weeks ago for my truck camper.  We haven't had the chance to try it yet but it appears that it will be comfortable. I ordered it on July 18th and received it on July 25th. Very good service I'd say.  It came in a box about 2' square and 3' tall. it is rolled so tight I could believe it once I cut it opened and it just expanded.  I am very much satisfied. We're going to try and use our own sheets. If they don't work, we're going to order a set from them.

Cool!  You'll have to let me know what you think of it once you've tried it.  We also have a truck camper we're considering replacing the mattress on.  We use it for over-night trips and with the height restrictions, that 5.5" model looks perfect. 

My husband's on the heavy side so we're leaning towards having them customize their 8" Luxury Cool-Max Gel Foam RV Mattress II version found here (see below) for our 5th wheel:

http://www.mattressinsider.com/luxury-rv-mattress-memory-foam.html

How long did it take for the mattress to expand?  Was it pretty quick?

I did see that they can make custom rv sheets and mattress protectors but I haven't gotten pricing on that yet.

It was pretty much expanded in a couple of hours I believe. Don't open it up until you get it in the camper where you want it to go. We thought of the thicker one but was also concerned about the height restriction. I weight about 200# and 5' 8" tall. My head just touches the ceiling. It's OK for my DW.

You might try googling mattress manufacture.    If you live in a large city you may find a company that custom makes mattresses.  We're in the Los Angeles area and there is a small family owned company that makes mattresses.  They can make any size or shape in either spring or foam.  I don't know what they cost but we had several cushions made for our couch and they were very reasonable. 

We purchased a short king (72x75) 8" Luxury Cool-MAX? Gel Foam RV Mattress from them last year and simply love it. We noticed no outgassing or other smells. The wife is particularly in love with it because she no longer experiences any pressure points like she did on the OEM mattress. We've spent at least 120 or more nights on it so far and it continues to impress.

We use the wonderful folks at www.thomasvillebedding.com and have never been disappointed.  They will make any size, shape, height, coil count,, etc.  Everything, including the cover fabric, is customizable.  We initially needed an RV queen with rounded edges at the feet.  Made and delivered in a week! Cost was around $550 if I recall correctly.  We loved the RV mattress so much that we discarded all of the Tempurpedics in our home and only use their "Bed of Roses Supreme" mattresses now.

We have twice purchased a mattress from www.lovemymattress.com and have been very happy with them and their service.

You even get to try your mattress for 60 days and if you really do not like it they will take it back and even pay fort he shipping. We did not need this since we were happy with the coil mattress. They make them from scratch and good service.

Elly

garyb1st said:
You might try googling mattress manufacture.    If you live in a large city you may find a company that custom makes mattresses.  We're in the Los Angeles area and there is a small family owned company that makes mattresses.  They can make any size or shape in either spring or foam.  I don't know what they cost but we had several cushions made for our couch and they were very reasonable.

There was one in Jacksonville FL, so it doesn't have to be a huge city.  I say was only because I don't know if its still there or not.  DW bought a mattress from them for our son's twin bed a few years ago.  Very affordable.

Several years ago, I ordered a king size memory foam from a place found in south florida online.  Very happy with it.

I have been thinking about eithering ordering from online, or picking up a standard queen memory foam mattress from Ikea, unzipping the cover, and just cutting it down to fit our short queen in the RV.  I figured we could just tuck the excess cover just like we have to do with the sheets.

I found this site, Mattress in a box.  They have a 120 day money back policy and a 20 year warranty.  Great reviews.  I don't have one yet but that is the one I am going to get.
http://www.bedinabox.com/memory-foam-mattress-pacbed-original.html

Bob

I have ordered from them (short queen) and really like the mattress  - have had it for a year now.  It's not too hard either, which some of these memory foam mattresses can be (My hip ends up going numb on some of them if I'm on my side. Not so with this one). Not too soft that you end up getting lost in it and sinking. For us, it's the perfect balance. I would buy again from this company - no issues whatsoever.

Acme Bedding in Muskegon Michigan makes beds to order.
www.acmebeddingcompany.com/about-us.html

Their prices are decent and they have been honest with us in the 40 years we have been dealing with them. Our home latex mattress is 15 years old and doing fine. Our grandson sleeps on the mattress we purchased for his daddy in 1980.
Good company, and you can use both sides of the mattress. They will make what you want.

After we purchased our RV, I went to Acme planning to purchase a mattress.  The owner suggested than I may want to first try a piece of foam (that he went to the back-factory room and cut) .  "It might save you some money, if it works for you" was his comment.  That's my kind of business!

Mike Leslie
2003 Minnie 29B
West Michigan

We needed a new mattress.....went to the local store where we are right now.......bought what we wanted and they delivered the next day.

I found a company called BedInABox.com online and checked them out.....reading all the reviews. I decided to give them a try  and the mattress I got is awesome. I would highly recommend checking them out. They can do custom sizes too.

We would like to change our rv king size mattress. Can we just go to a local mattress company and buy a standard king size, or is there something different about a rv mattress?
Thanks in advance.

quilt03 said:
We would like to change our rv king size mattress. Can we just go to a local mattress company and buy a standard king size, or is there something different about a rv mattress?
Thanks in advance.

The standard 76" x 80" King Size Mattress probably will be too big for the space provided.

rodsterinfl,
I'm not sure which company you are referring to. There have been several mentioned in this thread so far.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CampMike2270
Back
Top Bottom