Our Yooper Vacation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dverstra

Sitting in the U.P. of Michigan at Lake Michigamme. 8) We spent last night in St. Ignace (north side of the BRIDGE) and traveled today to Michigamme Shores RV Park for a 1 week vacation. We've been here before. I have a rental 14 foot fishing boat in the morning and will be seeking those elusive walleye. Mary Anne will spend her time with Sherri (who owns Maple Ridge Resort on Lake Michigamme). They will traveling around to the local quilt and yarn shops. In fact, it was Mary Anne's idea to come up here.  Ahhh....pass the Leinenkugel....life is GOOD!

First day fishin'- 11 walleye ( no keeper size) and 4 rock bass. Had a peaceful time on the lake. Life is still good!

2nd day fishin'-- Us TROLLS (Michiganders that live below the Bridge) are hammering the walleye. Caught 19 (3 keepers). Mary Anne is off with her girlfriends and I am relaxing with a good book. Maybe a little nap is in order.

Ned said:
Hey, Leinie is made in Chippewa Falls, WI, not MI :)

When beer is concerned, state loyalties go out the window. Summer Shandy is a nice refreshing beer if you don't mind the citrus flavor.

I'm still sorting through the little walleye for the few keepers. I went out with a local resort owner and fished for some crappie last night. Mmmm..Tasty!

dverstra said:
When beer is concerned, state loyalties go out the window. Summer Shandy is a nice refreshing beer if you don't mind the citrus flavor.

I'm still sorting through the little walleye for the few keepers. I went out with a local resort owner and fished for some crappie last night. Mmmm..Tasty!

Leinie is better than anything ever brewed in MI :D

"The best part of fishing is it makes the beer taste so good"

Ned said:
Leinie is better than anything ever brewed in MI :D

"The best part of fishing is it makes the beer taste so good"

Ned, you should sit down in front of a cold, draft Oberon with a slice of orange in it.(Bell's Brewery, Kalamazoo, MI) I've never had a draft Leinie (not sure it exists). We could have a "Battle of the Beers". It might take a few of each to decide, though. 8)

Today, we took a side trip in the toad to Copper Harbor, MI.

Along the way, I filled the gas tank in Baraga at the Ojibwa tribe gas station. Regular unleaded $3.33/gal. The other stations were 20 cents higher. Even then, the gas in this area of the U.P. is the same price as W. Michigan. Why?? As we take off, Mary Anne wonders if we could just stop at the Quilt Shop on the way. Now I see why she suggested we go to Copper Harbor. ;) Anyway, she thought ahead enough to bring my current book along. It was time to walk the two pups Finn (Finnegan)and Fi (Fiona). Before we finished the walk, Mary Anne was ready to go. The final 10 miles on the road to Copper Harbor is tight with plenty of curves at 45 mph. We visited Fort Wilkins and had a picnic lunch.

On the way back, we took Brockway Mountain Drive. It has great views of Copper Harbor and the local forest. A "must see" if you visit this far North. The drive ends when it merges with M-26 at the shore of Superior. Mary Anne had to stop to "dip her toes in" at a local beach in Eagle Harbor. As we drove back through Houghton, MI, we took pictures of the apartment house that our son had lived in for 2 years at Michigan Tech.
Another day ends. Fishing tomorrow

dverstra said:
Ned, you should sit down in front of a cold, draft Oberon with a slice of orange in it.(Bell's Brewery, Kalamazoo, MI) I've never had a draft Leinie (not sure it exists). We could have a "Battle of the Beers". It might take a few of each to decide, though. 8)

Fruit in my beer, NEVER!  But I'm up for a "Battle of the Beers".  We'll need some Shiner Bock as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom