Paulina Lake Oregon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kevin Means

Site Team
Lots of folks enjoy dry-camping like us, and we just returned from a trip to a campground in Oregon called, Paulina Lake. It's at an elevation of about 6300 feet and there area no hookups, but it's a beautiful campground (like many Oregon campgrounds!) The online reservation system said there were a few sites big enough for our motorhome (43 feet long), but you'd never know once you saw the site. It took us several Forwards and Reverses to get into our site and we knocked down more than one pine cone on the narrow, twisty campground roads. Not complaining, mind you - I love that type of camping - I was just a bit surprised how tight it was.

The trip was a little more than 1900 miles (round trip) and we were towing my wife's Acura. Since this was our first long trip in this RV, I didn't know what to expect for mileage (not that I really care, it's just nice to know), but I was pretty happy with an average of 7.3 MPG. Not bad for more than 46,000 lbs. rolling down the road. As you can see on the Silverleaf display, the engine was pretty much just loafing along at 60 MPH.

Kev

Attachments

• Campsite Pic 1.jpg
    Campsite Pic 1.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 43
  • Campsite 2.jpg
    Campsite 2.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 41
  • Mileage 7.3 MPG.jpg
    Mileage 7.3 MPG.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 36
  • Silverleaf Display.jpg
    Silverleaf Display.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 38
Your pictures made me homesick. I love that area! I never went to Paulina lake but we went to Waldo Lake a couple of times and Little Cultus more than a few times when I lived in the Eugene/Springfield area.  We had a 69 Ford Clubwagon and tossed a mattress in the back. Only way to avoid getting eaten by mosquitoes. Once we get our RV, the maiden voyage will be out to Oregon.

Caryl

Back
Top Bottom