Rain, In California?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

8Muddypaws

We are in San Juan Bautista getting ready to move up into the Redwoods for the rest of the week.  It's raining pretty hard right now.  (We need it to rain like this for several months) I get to pack up in the rain, move, and then set up a music camp in the mud.  It will be glorious!  8 muddypaws is more of a description than a name.  I'm glad I didn't shampoo the carpet like I planned.

We won't have enought network access up there to allow me to be on this site at all but I'll manage to stay busy and entertained.  I'm the sound & lighting guy, one of the workshop leaders, general gopher & Mr. Fixit and whatever else comes up.

Have a good week y'all.

Muddypaws

I haven't seen a forecast, but I am glad CA is getting some rain.  We are leaving Monday and headed for Crescent City. It looks like I had better check some weather forecasts! Good luck with your music camp.  Sounds like fun.

We're getting tropical moisture flowing up from South America.  This is another highly unusual weather pattern, as it's virtually unheard of to have any precipitation during the summer months.

Here in southern CA we've had our share of rain.  In Los Angeles we had a few days of very high humidity and nighttime tropical rain showers.  Just enough to wash all of the crud on my motorhome's roof down the sides.  The San Gabriel Mountains above eastern Los Angeles County and the Inland Empire received 4-6" of rain in a few hours due to some stalled thunderstorms, causing flash floods in the canyons and in the cities below them.  I-10 about 40 miles east of Indio had an eastbound lane washed away by floodwaters.  Highway 62 north of Joshua Tree National Park also had reports of stranded vehicles.

Here's a news story and pictures from a couple of days ago:

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Flood-Warnings-Still-in-Effect-as-Storms-Move-Out-of-Southland-269743301.html

We came through that monsoonal moisture - high humidity and rain - Saturday night as we drove through LA at about 10:00 PM on the way home to San Diego. It was perfect timing for us, because it washed all the Oregon bugs off the front of the motorhome, and there were a bunch of 'em! I'm surprised the Agricultural Inspectors at the Cal/Or border didn't seize the motorhome like they would our fruits and veggies for the same bugs.  ;)

Kev

Back
Top Bottom