Anybody know this bus?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mo2872

Came across this bus on rvt.com......anyone know it?  One thing I've noticed in my hunting, many bus sites are not updated regularly!  Sent off a request on rvt, so, we'll see if it's still available! 

http://www.rvt.com/MCI-Mci-Mc8-1975-Dublin-GA-ID4971927-UX124477

shoot!  I shoulda looked at old buses.  I paid a lot more than that for my C 8)

I'll bet there's a catch...... some major problem

Notice the time stamp on the pictures?  2012

Yes, I did notice the date stamp.  So, I sent an email through the rvt site.  Received a reply from the owner this morning, still available.  Coincidentally, he bought his replacement Prevost two years or so ago from Tulsa RV(down the road from where I am).  He's got a pretty good video linked in that ad.  Seems like a pretty tight bus.....but I'm just learning!  LOL.

Of course, then there is this turd that could use polishing:

http://www.rvt.com/Prevost-Featherlite-Country-Coach-1995-San-Diego-CA-ID5795394-UX122718

Low miles, Series 60 engine, Prevost......what could be wrong??  Been vandalized, and TWO shops have declined to work on it "due to the smell"........entire interior re-fit required, I'd imagine.  Seller sent me some more detailed photos.....it would have to be a way better price for me to consider it.  Think of that show "Hoarders"....kinda what the aftermath of the vandalizing reminds me of.

the biggest problem with a 39 year old bus is  you need to be a HD mechanic/rv tech to look after it.You can spend a small fortune fixing old prevost convertions
especially if you have to pay every time there is repairs and there will be repairs believe you me

Well, the "old Prevost" is a '95, so it's only 19 years old, and the MCI is only 39........I say "only", with tongue in cheek! 

I'm attracted to the Prevost listing, because the interior needs a total overhaul, which I could do mainly by DIY(I'm handy that way). 

I'm attracted to the '75 MCI, because it's done, been well cared for, and in tip top shape.

My "weighting" factors are, according to the MCI owner, there isn't room to add two bunks for my boys.  The Prevost, however, needing an entirely new interior due to vandals(according to seller, they "threw trash around the inside, and it stinks"....), I would be able to make the interior however I wanted to work for us.  I may have to drive it back to OK wearing a bio-hazard suit, but.......what is life, but an adventure??  (price would have to drop dramatically!)

Featherlite is one Prevost converter, Country Coach was another, so the owner may be a bit confused about what it really is. Probably doesn't make much difference if you are going to gut the interior anyway. Clearly it's a handyman special, so maybe make a low offer and check back occasionally to see if he got hungry enough to take it yet.

Gary RV Roamer said:
Featherlite is one Prevost converter, Country Coach was another, so the owner may be a bit confused about what it really is. Probably doesn't make much difference if you are going to gut the interior anyway. Clearly it's a handyman special, so maybe make a low offer and check back occasionally to see if he got hungry enough to take it yet.

Yeah, wasn't sure if he was confused, or just trying to hit more search tags!  But, I like the way you think!  Low/hungry.  Same seller/dealer shows what appears to be a very nicely kept/equipped Marathon Prevost:

http://www.rvt.com/Prevost-Marathon-1995-Eugene-OR-ID5409683-UX122718

Seems like a decent price, though I'd probably offer lower.  All they can do is say no, right??

mo2872 said:
Yeah, wasn't sure if he was confused, or just trying to hit more search tags!  But, I like the way you think!  Low/hungry.  Same seller/dealer shows what appears to be a very nicely kept/equipped Marathon Prevost:

http://www.rvt.com/Prevost-Marathon-1995-Eugene-OR-ID5409683-UX122718

Seems like a decent price, though I'd probably offer lower.  All they can do is say no, right??

that's a pretty good looking unit for the money.A guy would have to be nuts to buy the damaged one over this for only 20K more

buchanan said:
that's a pretty good looking unit for the money.A guy would have to be nuts to buy the damaged one over this for only 20K more

LMAO!  I know, that's what I was thinking, too.  But, I've never been accused of being entirely sane to begin with. 

Back
Top Bottom