EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: 6 months or 180 days to stay in USA  (Read 8450 times)

Hfx_Cdn

• ---
Re: 6 months or 180 days to stay in USA
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2014, 01:30:28 PM »
    Stu, I have to agree with Buchanan on that one, I just clicked on the link that Tom gave us an tried to infill/respond to the questions.  although I did not fill it in completely, every fill in the blank seemed to allow data entry, you just can't change any of their form.
    Now that NS has extended it's out of province medical to allow 7 months, I hope the US House finds a way to separate a longer  stay for us, from the omnibus emigration bill.

Ed
Ed & Donna
Winter-Pinellas Park FL, Summer- Maritime Canada
2000 Coachmen Catalina 34' DP (owned 2004 to 2015)
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad

buchanan

• ---
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2014, 02:03:31 PM »
I can certainly understand borders and border patrols and controls, rules and regulations.The  thing,s that's just gaul me to death is why any BA would
hassle a snowbird of whom 1) has a super clean record and 2) is totally conforming to us law? for what good reason.?leave us cross  in peace as we contribute billions to the us economy. Snowbirds don't receive EBC or Free medical etc unlike your southern neighbours. why should they care if Iam 50 days  or 180 days?? The law says 180 days in any 12 month period??Some US border agents are so mean and its just not right.there needs to be accountability in this area and there is NONE.If a BA is having a bad hair
and want,s to ruin your day they can and there is Zero recourse for the victim
the only thing that annoys me more is when those retards that run the nascar races throw a yellow flag  for "debree" (usually a water bottle or a brake ducting)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 02:51:17 PM by buchanan »

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
    • RV Forum web site
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2014, 06:12:29 PM »
Do you really believe that a BP agent would go out of their way to give someone a bad time, just for the heck of it? Do you really believe they single out snowbirds? Just read some of your own messages/replies, and consider how you'd react to a traveler speaking like that if you were the agent.

Meanwhile, I have no idea what debris on a NASCAR race track has to do with this discussion  ???
Tom.  Need help? Click the Help button in the toolbar above.

buchanan

• ---
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2014, 06:24:57 PM »
Do you really believe that a BP agent would go out of their way to give someone a bad time, just for the heck of it? Do you really believe they single out snowbirds? Just read some of your own messages/replies, and consider how you'd react to a traveler speaking like that if you were the agent.

Meanwhile, I have no idea what debris on a NASCAR race track has to do with this discussion  ???
Seeing as you asked  YES I do and have heard many people say the same thing.They DEFINATELY single out snowbirds.  One thing I do know I have NEVER EVER talked disrespectfully towards a US Border agent   NEVER. I just play the game as no sir yes sir etc

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
    • RV Forum web site
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2014, 07:41:24 PM »
Quote from: buchanan
I just play the game ...

Therein might be part of the problem; You see it as a game, whereas border security is a serious matter.

buchanan

• ---
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2014, 07:50:35 PM »
Therein might be part of the problem; You see it as a game, whereas border security is a serious matter.

sounds good Tom /Your knowledge and insight into these matters amazes me.Have a great sat nite and sunday.

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
    • RV Forum web site
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2014, 07:53:06 PM »
Thanks. Continue to have an amazing weekend  8)

Alfa38User

• ---
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2014, 10:21:59 PM »
Buchanan and Hfx_Cdn

That's interesting!!. It may be the version of Adobe Reader I am using with Windows 7 and Firefox31 because it used to work well for me too. But then Windows 7 is newly installed here too and Firefox is continually changing versions. Hmmm.   (And yes, you can only input your data, the form itself cannot be changed in any way, completely normal on any forms of this nature that I have used. In earlier versions of the software these forms could not be saved locally either, you were obliged to print them right away. )

Thanks!!
EDIT: UPDATE:  Firefox31, what are you doing to me?? Solved: The problem was related to a built-in .PDF reader that was included in one of the later versions of Firefox. When opening the form in Adobe Reader itself it works well. The answer was staring me in the face!! Changed the option to always use the full Reader even though it is more cumbersome.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 08:11:19 AM by Alfa38User »
Stu
Montréal, Canada 🍁
Snowbird, Naples Florida
Alfa Gold 38 (2000) 5ver (parked!)

"Of course I talk to myself, sometimes I need expert advise!!!"

Hosted by Over The Network