rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Fridge Defend
RV Life Magazine RV Park Reviews RV Trip Wizard

Author Topic: What is this ?  (Read 1336 times)


  • Posts: 1
What is this ?
« on: August 09, 2014, 04:20:45 PM »
Hi everyone. Last year we purchased a 1980 Coachman 210 Deluxe that has been really taken care of. Now that we've been able to take it out a little more, I'm starting to replace some little things that have been neglected over the years (like external covers and such). Can anyone tell me what this "slot" is for? It goes over the door and runs the length of the popup. I suspect it has something to do with an awning (which we don't have, yet (hopefully)).

Mike (ex-f-221)

  • ---
  • Posts: 391
Re: What is this ?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2014, 04:37:28 PM »
Seems to be made for mounting an awning or tent.
Look for the upper right pic here: http://www.caravaning-info.de/zubehoer/markisen-und-vorzelte/vorzelte/montage.html and you will see, what I mean (sorry only german language).
Mike Muellner
Bremerhaven, Germany


  • ---
  • Posts: 1289
Re: What is this ?
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2014, 08:00:22 PM »
Yes that is for an awning.  The edge of the material will have  a cord or rope sewed in it that slides thru the channel to stay in place.  You can get just the awning or a complete screen porch.
Keven Jansen
'06 Chevy 2500 Duramax
'02 Montana Big Sky
Alexandria, Mn