Wet a line (finally)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
It's been a while since I got out on the water. This morning I had an on-the-water Board meeting of a boat club we belong to, and I decided to go by bass boat. Since I'd never fished this part of the California Delta, I decided to leave early and do some fishing en route.

Got skunked, partly because of the outgoing tide, but I nevertheless enjoyed a few hours on the water.

What kind of fisherman are you, Tom, to admit to the whole danged forum that you were skunked? :eek:  Since you mention an out-going tide, though, maybe we can understand. :)

There's just one way I can go from here  ;D

I left the boat uncovered and the fishing poles out. Chris leaves town early in the morning, and I plan to get several days of fishing in, and catch fish! OTOH Chris has left me with a very long honey-do list  :(

My boat hasn't been in the water for over two years.  Between recovering from neck surgery a couple of years ago, the weather, RVing and plain old laziness, I've not been fishing.  Launching and recovering the boat is a pain, plus it is a challenge for Joyce to get in and out.  But, a good friend and neighbor owns a boat dock and has a Bass Buggy pontoon that he offered for our use.  The idea of just walking down to the lake a few 100 feet and stepping onto the boat is appealing.  Doesn't mean I'll no long be lazy, quite the contrary.  But, then there is still the weather.  It's in the lower 90's all this week with enough humidity to soak your shorts in a few minutes.  At least, I don't have to admit I was skunked.  :) But, maybe in September...

The idea of just walking down to the lake a few 100 feet and stepping onto the boat is appealing.

Understand that very well. We have a small fleet moored behind the house; The large boat is in the water, three boats (bass boat, jet boat & RIB) and our daughter's PWC are on hydroists, and Chris' two paddle boats are sitting on the dock. Launching off the hydrohoists just requires a turn of a lever to lower them into the water,  hop on a boat, and motor away. Retrieving merely requires stopping a boat over the hydrohoist, and flipping a switch to inflate the fiberglass tubes and raise the boat out of the water. Of course, we don't need to go through all that hassle with the big boat.

Back
Top Bottom