Floor Repair Coachmen Clipper 106st 2006

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chris_keenan

After driving home in a rainstorm the other day I noticed my  gasket seal was letting water in my storage trunk in the front. It must have been doing it for a while as a I discovered a soft spot running under the back wall and into one of the cupboards. I also have a soft spot by my door that I need to fix due to snow melt getting in there over the winter. I was wondering if someone could recommend what type of wood and other materials I'll need for the job. Also does anyone know if the walls of this model are on the floor or the frame? Plus I want to beef up the rubber seals for the lower door so that rain does not splash in when driving. Can anyone point me to a parts outlet etc. ?
Thanks
Chris

Hi, and welcome to the RVForum.

Most RV construction is plywood, usually luan, covered with a skin of some sort. You will have to open up the damaged areas and see what thickness of plywood was used, and whether any support members are also rotted. The construction is usually simple.

Various types and shapes of seals are readily available from online sources - you just need to identify the shape used in yours. Here is one source:
http://www.rvpartscountry.com/RvSeals

Hi Gary would you recommend just replacing with plywood? You read various things on-line about the best material to use.
Chris

Back
Top Bottom