Truck Fit?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dtmorris

I am very new to the RV/ camper world and I have found a Shadow Cruse slide in camper (I don't know the model or year) that is near immaculate condition for $500-$600.  I know this is a good deal however I don't know if it will fit my truck.  I have a 2007 F150 STX.  The camper is coming off of a 1993 Dodge Dakota. 

Do all slide in campers fit all trucks?  I would try to get more information on the camper however it is being sold by a friends father who is in their 80s and lives 4 hours from me. 

Sorry for not being able to provide any more information, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Isn't the Dakota, the equivalent to the Ford Ranger? If that is the case, the camper might be a little small... this from someone who doesn't really know one truck camper from another.....

Different pickup trucks have different bed to cab heights, different bed lengths and widths and different tailgate openings.  There are substantial differences even within groups like full size, intermediate, compact, etc.  All of these affect whether a camper can mount on a given truck.  All you can do is measure the camper and see if it will physically fit on your truck.

In the 1960s, the Big 3 truck makers agreed to standardize the above measurements so any camper could fit on just about any truck.  But this went away in the late 1990s when truck makers wanted more flexibility in their designs.

In addition to the camper physical dimensions, you have to make sure your truck can carry it's weight without being overloaded.  An F150 has the same bed and body as an F250 but it doesn't mean it's able to carry every camper that meets the Ford profile.

Back
Top Bottom