duck tape residue and macerator on 2004 RoadTrek

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Roadtrekker2

Hello - I had to duct tape the rubber strip on my B and just had it fixed.  They couldn't get all the residue off.  Any suggestions?  Also has any one had luck in installing a macerator on a 2004 Roadtrek?  As a widow, I can't get down on my knee replacements to empty the tanks and put the hose back in.  :( 

Thanks.

HappyWanderer said:
WD-40 for removing sticky residue.

X 2  also  there is goo off but WD40 is so so more effective than googone
WD40 also is very effective on stainless steel

Go to Home Depot and get some Goo Off. Much better than WD-40 as far as I'm concerned. It come in  a spray bottle or in a can as a liquid. I prefer the spray. Spray it on and wipe it off along with the glue.

Careful with the product names. Goo Gone is citrus based and safe to use. Goof Off will take the paint off.

If the glue residue has dried and hardened, sometimes you have to let the solvent soak in and then carefully scrape off the residue with a razor blade.  Wiping with a cloth just doesn't cut it (sorry for the pun).

HappyWanderer said:
Careful with the product names. Goo Gone is citrus based and safe to use. Goof Off will take the paint off.

Good point HappyWanderer. I didn't know that.

HappyWanderer said:
Only the pro series is that strong and neither  standard house Goof Off nor  Pro series Goof off will hurt automotive paints
The pro series will ruin latex paint  surfaces if used too abundently

Rene T said:
Go to Home Depot and get some Goo Off. Much better than WD-40 as far as I'm concerned. It come in  a spray bottle or in a can as a liquid. I prefer the spray. Spray it on and wipe it off along with the glue.

I'll second that one.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom