rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Fridge Defend
RV Life Magazine RV Park Reviews RV Trip Wizard

Author Topic: What can I buy to re-attach the rubber moulding over the screws; outside of van?  (Read 1597 times)


  • ---
  • Posts: 7
Hello - I now have another problem.  I brought my 2004 Roadtrek in to my dealer and had them re-attach the two rubber moulding strips which cover the screws that attach the lower panels to the outside of the van.  That was 2 days ago and already it is starting to come loose.  This cost me $90 and the dealer used 3M double-sided sticky tape for the job.

I called the dealer and they told me that is the only thing they have to use for this repair!  Since this van is 10 years old, I am sure the manufacturer used something very strong and not merely double-sided sticky tape.

Can anyone help me?      :(


  • ---
  • Posts: 1514
that tape is super strong  but the surface need to be prepared just right  for anything to stick.  chances are your dealer just stuck it on without preparing  the sufferace
1996  26ft. 3 kids 2 dog and the wife too

Jim Godward

  • ---
  • Posts: 5824
I agree with Robert, they did not prepare the surface.  They should do it over at no cost to you.
Jim & Pat Godward
Hillsboro, Oregon

Gary RV_Wizard

  • Forum Staff
  • ---
  • *
  • Posts: 64409
  • RVer Emeritus
3M makes a lot of double-sided tapes and many vehicle manufacturers use the vehicle-specific ones for trim attachment. Assuming the dealer did adequate prep and the right tape, that should be an effective repair. But if there is something under the paint surface causing a problem, the tape can't last long. Since you already had a problem with the original tape, that may bear some further investigation.

Scotch-mount Molding tape is what most use - it comes in a variety of widths.
Gary Brinck
Summers: Black Mountain, NC
Home: Ocala National Forest, FL