What can I buy to re-attach the rubber moulding over the screws; outside of van?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Roadtrekker2

Hello - I now have another problem.  I brought my 2004 Roadtrek in to my dealer and had them re-attach the two rubber moulding strips which cover the screws that attach the lower panels to the outside of the van.  That was 2 days ago and already it is starting to come loose.  This cost me $90 and the dealer used 3M double-sided sticky tape for the job.

I called the dealer and they told me that is the only thing they have to use for this repair!  Since this van is 10 years old, I am sure the manufacturer used something very strong and not merely double-sided sticky tape.

Can anyone help me?      :(

that tape is super strong  but the surface need to be prepared just right  for anything to stick.  chances are your dealer just stuck it on without preparing  the sufferace

3M makes a lot of double-sided tapes and many vehicle manufacturers use the vehicle-specific ones for trim attachment. Assuming the dealer did adequate prep and the right tape, that should be an effective repair. But if there is something under the paint surface causing a problem, the tape can't last long. Since you already had a problem with the original tape, that may bear some further investigation.

Scotch-mount Molding tape is what most use - it comes in a variety of widths.
http://www.autozone.com/autozone/accessories/Fluids-and-Chemicals/Body-Molding-Tape/_/N-25ej

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom