1992 brave city water location

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

borto1990

I'm checking out a 92 brave. I can't find the location of the city water hook up. on the left side, there is a connection, but it has a tire pressure shrader type fitting on the end. I assume this is the back flow one that's in the manual. and it's corroded so I can't remove it yet. then it has fresh water on the right side by the rear for the holding tank under the bed. but that's the only 2 connections I see where a hose could hook up. can someone help?

Not sure without a picture, but suspect the connection with the tire pressure fitting is actually the city water inlet with a blowout plug inserted for winterizing. 

If you go here  http://www.winnebagoind.com/resources/manuals/operatormanuals1992.php  you can download the owners manual and on page 7-2 it shows your city water hookup.

Oh that sounds logical. I finally got the plug out. Is this right?

Attachments

• IMG_20140813_204327_880-1.jpg
    IMG_20140813_204327_880-1.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20140813_204352_595-1.jpg
    IMG_20140813_204352_595-1.jpg
    224 KB · Views: 14
I have the manual. But made it sound like 2 different areas. One being back flow and one being city water

The check valve is installed on the back (inside) of the water inlet... it's the metal assembly you are seeing in the second photo inside the connector.  It prevents your water from back-flowing out into the hose/connection.  Check valves have a tendency to get plugged with dirt occasionally. 

What your manual is describing (page 7-2) is a method of flushing that check valve by pressurizing your water system, then with the hose disconnected pressing on the center of the check valve to allow water to spurt back out through the connection, in theory taking any dirt or whatever with it. 

Frankly, based on your photo I'd replace the whole assemble with a new one and sterilize/flush the water system a few times.  In the photo it looks pretty... shall we say, tired?

Yea. It looked kinda gunky. Buying used I'd give everything a good scrub in. Thanks for the info .

Back
Top Bottom