Fingerstyle Guitarist's Savior

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

8Muddypaws

I've been a fingerstyle guitarist for nearly 50 years and my nails were a mess.  They split, they cracked, they shattered at the worst possible moments.  I tried metal and plastic finger picks but had problems with them falling off and I never liked the sound.

I stumbled upon 'Healthy Hoof' on Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/Healthy-Intensive-Protein-Treatment-fl-oz/dp/B0017BD4RC/ref=sr_1_1?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1408063645&sr=1-1&keywords=healthy+hoof) and have been using it for about a year.

Bottom line: It works.  It works like magic!  I haven't split or shattered a nail in a long time.  I played several hours every day last week at a music festival and never had a problem.  I smear it on my right nails once a day, just a tiny dab on each nail.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 22
A quote by Ringo Starr -  George Harrison composed a number in 16 and a half time. I just had to count to 16 and a half.

John Lennon was asked in a late 60s interview if he agreed with the current feeling that Ringo was the best drummer in the world. John replied, "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in the Beatles" (Paul was).

Tom said:
Do they make left handed drums?  ;D
Yes they do. Phil Collins is a left handed drummer and he plays a left handed set. The hi hat is played with the right foot instead of the left, the bass is played with the left foot instead of the right. The toms are hi to low right to left instead of left to right. Ringo plays a right hand kit even though he is left handed. He said that limited his ability to do rolls around the toms like most other drummers do.

Attachments

• phil_collins_drum_kit_gretsch.jpg
    phil_collins_drum_kit_gretsch.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 9
Interesting clip. Didn't realize Ringo was left handed. Next time I'm in the Guitar Center, I'll ask one of the kids working there if they have a left handed set; Might be fun to see the deer-in-the-headlights.

One  of my favorite trivia questions is name the left handed Beatles. Everyone answers Paul and I tell them wrong it is Paul and Ringo. People are always shocked.

I've known several left handed guitarists.  A couple of them play right handed guitars, upside down.  It hurts to watch sometimes. 

One of them is Glenn Houston of the band Houston Jones.  If you ever get a chance to see them do it.  (They play the Sacramento area fairly often) http://houstonjones.com.  Read Glenn's bio on the website, yikes!  This guy is good.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lmw
Back
Top Bottom