Remodeling the interior

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cruiser77

I've got a couple questions for you folks. I've asked a couple questions before and got great advice and I see great advice given anytime someone asks a question so I value the opinions and help I get here greatly!
  So the wife and I are into the rockabilly lifestyle and we are considering remodeling the interior of our coach to reflect this when we purchase it.  Has anyone ever seen this or can point me to a place where I can get RV appropriate materials for doing this? I guess really my biggest question is is there RV specific materials or can you use the same materials we would use to remodel a stick and brick? If someone isn't sure what style I'm talking about think 50's style diner and homes. We are looking at buying a 40'-45' Class A, 2005 or newer, diesel pusher, 4 slides and hopefully bunks so we have a place for our bulldogs to sleep as well as a 28'-30' trailer for our 53 Chevy or our Scout and our bike which brings me to my next question....
  We were going to purchase a stacker trailer so we could take both cars and the bike with us all at once but we have checked prices on shipping vehicles and we can ship one or the other of the cars a whole bunch of times for the difference in price between a 28' stacker trailer and a 28' regular trailer. Has anyone had any experience with shipping a vehicle? I'm going to be a traveling Respiratory Therapist so we will be spending 13 or 26 weeks at a time in each location and we may not always have need for both cars at each spot because if the weather is good I will be riding my bike most of the time and the wife is going to be working from home ,since moving all the time will make it hard on her to get a "real" job, so I could always take her Scout if we didn't ship the 53 in for that particular stay. So any pro's or con's for shipping vehicles?
  Thanks in advance everyone!
  Stephen

You can add whatever you wish- it will be your home. If you get the free standing dinette- you can sell it and get you some chrome chairs and table.
Check around for stackers at racingjunk.com
I'd rather have all my stuff with me if I was fulltiming.

The main things you need to consider are excess weight, security (will the item stay put while traveling) and durability (will it stand up to the jostling and vibration).  Other than that it's pretty much your call.

Back
Top Bottom