I-80 down to I-70

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

arcticfox2005

We will soon be traveling east on I-80 and wish to drop down to I-70. I have looked at I-25 south at Cheyenne and then the 470 loop east (toll road) down to I-70 to jog around Denver.

Is this a good plan or would Denver still be a problem?

Any idea how much the toll would be - Class C towing a Jeep?

Thanks,
Bill

I live in the area. Not a bad plan. I-25 traffic will be heavy from about mm240 to e470 at any time.  E470 traffic will be light because of ridiculous  cost. Tolls for 4 axles probably about $33. If you don't mind some traffic or can hit area late @ night, stay on I-25 to I-270 to I-70.

The 470 tollway around Denver isn?t cheap.  Last year I drove the entire tollway from south to north and my bill for the truck and fifth wheel was $47.85.  It took the authority about two months to mail the bill to me.
The good news is the tollway carries little traffic and there are no toll booths to slow you down.

Here?s a link to the E470 tollway website.  https://www.expresstoll.com/Pages/Home.aspx

I live in the area. Not a bad plan. I-25 traffic will be heavy from about mm240 to e470 at any time.  E470 traffic will be light because of ridiculous  cost. Tolls for 4 axles probably about $33. If you don't mind some traffic or can hit area late @ night, stay on I-25 to I-270 to I-70.

Jubileee,

Thanks for the local knowledge. Late at night is not an option, so I am looking at Plan B. How does this sound? Stay on I-80 through Cheyenne and turn south on Hwy 71 at Kimball, NE. It is almost a straight shot due south and hits I-70 at Limon. We will not be in a hurry, so the 2-lane is no big deal.

Oakman,

Thanks to you too - the two of you made my mind up for me - no E470 for us.

Bill

I drove all of that portion of 71 and more. As I remember it wasn't a bad road (decent pavement), but for a lot of it, it is a narrow two lane road with 0 paved shoulder and very few places to pull over. I remember it had very little traffic, but I don't remember the day of the week. This was a few years ago.

ken

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom