Fishing Fishlake, UT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
O

Oscar Mike

My son, DIL, and I just finished a week long trip to Fishlake, UT. The area, IMO is spectacular an Alpine Lake at around 9,000 ASL. The fish in the lake are Perch, Rainbows, Splake, and Lake Trout. We caught and released numerous fish, and we tried our hand at one of the most boring of fishing tactics...trolling. Before we left home our research told us to fish deep, so I invested in a downrigger, and related gear (cowbells & lures) including a trolling pole. We never did hook a Lake Trout but our trolling netted a few good size Rainbows.

Fishlake is seeing unprecedented pressure because of its natural beauty. The area has been exploited for its fishing for more than a hundred years by tourists, and visitors. The buildings, i.e., lodges, RV Parks, and so forth are becoming dilapidated, and sorely in need of significant investment.

Kit Carson explored the area and fished in the surrounding streams during his Western exploration, and ever since it has been a fisherman's paradise. 

John
I have to agree. I have to be standing upright and casting for Musky or jigging on the bottom for Walleyes. Trolling never piqued my interest.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skibumbob
Back
Top Bottom