2002 Workhorse Issues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ahill261

I have a 2002 Winnebago motorhome with an 8.1 Workhorse. Recently, it has been skipping and shutting down. It codes crankcase and/or camshaft sensor. Both have been replaced twice and the problem continues. Two mechanic shops have found nothing wrong. Does anyone else have a Workhorse that has a similar problem. I would appreciate help on this problem.

Sorry to hear you are having difficult problems. Hope somebody can answer your question soon.

If the sensors are new, I would be looking at the wiring to the sensor and the pins where it plugs into the ECM (engine computer). A bit of corrosion can make for an intermittent reading from the sensor, and it gets reada LOT!

Thoroughly check all of your grounds. Weak grounds can cause all kinds of mayhem and make you think your rig is possessed. Also check every connector in the wiring harness, physically disconnect each one and reconnect to make sure they are getting solid contact. If you see corrosion you will need to clean the terminals as gently as possible.

You may have a bad ECM but try all the cheap stuff first. When the sensors were replaced did the shop go through the re-learning programming? Might have to go to a dealer for that. They will run without it and some engines are fine, not sure about yours.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skibumbob
Back
Top Bottom