Lightest trailer with shower?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yatzee

Hi all, n00b here, 1st post.

Looking into buying a travel trailer and one of the gf's requirements is that it's got a shower. Given that i'm 6'3, it would be nice if it had a reasonably high ceiling and a queen sized bed.

Can anyone suggest makes and models to look into?

I'm also looking at changing cars - will probably get getting another tdi that can tow around 2000lbs.

Thanks in advance!

No expert here, but towing with a TDI at 2,000 lbs will definitely limit your options.  An 11' Ultralight weight trailer is going to weigh right around your max tow range at 1,995 lbs but has only an external shower and i doubt that your gf would care too much for showering in front of the whole campground.  Your vehicle is really going to limit what you can pull.  here is a link with some specs i found.  http://www.livinlite.com/camplite11fdb-overview.php

For something other than a small pop-up you're going to need to be able to tow at least 3500-4000 lbs, and that's the all up weight, that is, the GVWR, meaning fully loaded to max capacity, rather than the so-called dry weight. Your best bet is to spend some time at one or more RV dealers (or an RV show, if you can find one) going through the various models and visualizing living in them, including all the cooking, sleeping, visiting, evening activities, and whatever else you might expect to do when camping.

I understand there are a few pop-ups that have showers, of a sort, but with most units like that you'd be better off using the campground's showers. I also doubt you'd have a queen sized bed, though there might be one out there.

In any case, I strongly suggest that you choose your trailer first, then buy a vehicle that will be able to properly tow it -- often that means a pickup.

Hi Larry, Thanks for your answer. The next show is in Feb, so that's a bit of the way off still.

I'll visit a local dealer in the next little while - I'd just like to get some impartial information as opposed to them trying to sell me something that they've had on their lot for 6 months.

Too bad about the pickup - hadn't expected to need one. Will cost me a mint on fuel as my daily

Also be careful at some of the RV dealers. Sometimes they will tell you that your vehicle will tow it just fine.

There some smaller SUV's out there that have better towing capacity. Your not going to have the MPG's that you want but you will have a more capable towing vehicle.

Back
Top Bottom