VISTA vs ADVENTURER

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Arne

In our search for a new Class A my gourmet cook wife has fallen in love with the kitchen in the VISTA 36Y.  My concern is that the VISTA clearly features lower quality components than does the Adventurer.  For example no MCD Day/Night shades.  While I probably can do many upgrades myself if I felt the need, I am concerned with the hidden cost savings. 

Are the jacks, slides, water pumps etc of lesser quality in the VISTA?  If they are we might spring for an Adventurer 37F instead.  (This would not please Gloria).

Thank you for your input.

Check the Itasca equivalent model with the 36Y floor plan (the Sunstar, I think). Sometimes the Itasca has a few more amenities.

It's difficult to assess how the two differ in details. Compare chassis specs (weight ratings, wheelbase, etc.), appliance details, tank sizes, etc. to try to identify differences. Winnie builds good coaches, but they saved some money somewhere to price the Vista lower. The cheapest Adventure is $30k more than the most expensive Vista, so the standard differences aren't small, but you might be able to configure enough Vista options to get closer.

Have you looked at a Sightseer, its in between the Vista and Adventure?

Good suggestion.  Unfortunately the issue is not cost, it is the gourmet kitchen.

Gary RV Roamer said:
..It's difficult to assess how the two differ in details. Compare chassis specs (weight ratings, wheelbase, etc.), appliance details, tank sizes, etc. to try to identify differences. Winnie builds good coaches, but they saved some money somewhere to price the Vista lower. ..
Exactly.  But the differences might not be that significant or important as far as enjoying the coach and having trouble free ownership.  You are probably looking at several hundreds of dollars if you install your own MCD shades which I would consider doing.  Like I've mentioned before, the very first upgrade I did on our brand new Horizon was to replace the house batteries with Lifeline AGMs and replace the Dimensions inverter/charger with a Xantrex.

As far as I can tell there is no significant difference between the vista and the sunstar.

Arne,
The only difference between the Vista and the Sunstar is the interior fabrics and the full body paint colors. I think you will find MCD shades are standard on the Vista/Sunstar but only on the coach windows not on the windshield. We currently have a 2013 Sunstar 27N and have a new 2015 Sunova 30A on order.

Fred

Go to the WGO web site and print out what comes standard with the Vista 36Y and the Adventurer 37F...a few things in "favor" of the Adventurer is a heavier chassis 24k, contour insulated windows, full body paint, larger holding tanks, larger LP tank, and a host of other items which may or may not be that important to you. Of course the best thing to do is visit a dealer who had both floor plans.
Good luck and have fun!

The front windshield sun shade can be added to the Vista, don't know why Winnebago still uses curtains when lesser brands have upgraded to sun shades for that forward section.  I have walked through the Vista 36y and I too was impressed how the kitchen really is the center of that floor plan. 

The sunstar that we walked through had a very small house fridge and single (blackout) MDC shades.  Also the batteries were not is a slide out tray. 
Does your righ have day/night shades? 
Do find that it easy to check the innermost batteries?

As of now we are leaning towards ordering the 36y and springing for better shades (front as well) and AGM batteries.

Arne,
I just checked the specs. for the 2015 Sunstar 36Y and MCD solar/blackout shades are standard on coach window. Standard refrig. in the 36Y is 9.5 CF with icemaker with a 4 door refrig. optional. The Sunstar has a whole list of optional items so make sure you check them out carefully and order everything you want. It has been our experience in ordering our 2015 Sunova 30A that any changes or substitutions other than standard or optional items, Winnebago charges an arm and a leg plus a change fee.
Example... $1100.00 to change from a High Pointe micro/convection to a Sharp (which last year was standard)

Good luck in whatever you decide!

Fred

I am confused. The 36y that we walked through did not have day/night shades.  Makes sense since MDC charges much less for blackout shades than day/night ones.

Also. Since the replacement costs are so high, we will probably accept the standard sofa, give it to Habitat for Hmanity and install two comfortable recliners instead.

Arne,
The solar shades are mounted behind the blackout shades, maybe you overlooked them. I would suggest that you go to the Winnebago site and choose either Winne. or Itasca site and then Vista or Sunstar. Go to Specs. and open each cat. to see what is standard and what is optional. A lot of what is optional on the Vista/Sunstar is standard on the Sunova and Adventurer.
As far as your idea with the couch just make sure you will be able to remove the couch thru the entrance door.

Again Good Luck!

Fred

Don't assume that what you saw on one dealer lot is the way every model will be. The dealer configures each coach the way HE thinks it should be, or at least the way he thinks customers will want it. Different dealers configure their display models in different ways. Better yet, check all the features and options online, then work through a factory order list with a dealer to see if you can get everything you want at a price you like. Sometimes certain options cannot be combined or are not available on certain floor plans, so you have to work up a dealer order to be sure. And the dealer can and usually does discount the price of options, so they don't always add as much as you may think.

CFSUNRISE said:
Arne,
The only difference between the Vista and the Sunstar is the interior fabrics and the full body paint colors. I think you will find MCD shades are standard on the Vista/Sunstar but only on the coach windows not on the windshield. We currently have a 2013 Sunstar 27N and have a new 2015 Sunova 30A on order.

Fred
Hi Fred,  Would love to know why you are changing rv's.  We are currently undecided about those 2 exact rv's and would really like to know your ideas :).

Our Vista came with the day/night shades, it is standard equipment.  Been using our new rig weekly since delivery last August and I have grown to like the curtains, does a good job blocking both incoming light and serves as a good insulator.  Very happy with our purchase thus far.

We sold our Vista 35F and considered a VISTA 36y BUT purchased a Adventurer 37F primarily because the Adventurer seems to handle and drive much better than the Vista and we love the unit.  Perhaps it is due to the heavier chassis , not sure but semis no longer push us around as easily, also the engine doghouse sound is less noisy, perhaps better insulation ? 

When we decided to become full time motorhomers, the wife was in charge of the interior and my job was to ensure driveability and maintainability.  To that end, it took us quite some time to figure out what to buy.  Since the criteria was also 5 years and 50K miles, the diesel option didn't make sense either.  Eventually after 9 months, hours and hours of web research, a hundred models or so and untold numbers of test rides and comparisons,  we settled on the Adventurer 37F.  One short walk through the Vista was all  we needed to rule it out.  6 months later and it appears that our choice was a good one. 
What I really like:  1.  The residential refigerator and the upgraded battery sytem that comes with it.  2.  The frameless windows and solar shades. 3.  Effortless highway handling and braking.  4.  The master bathroom.
What I really DON'T like:  The A/V system. 2. The wimpy water pump. 3.  Some of the chintzy wood trim. 4. The 100W solar charger. 5. The convoluted way that Winnebago handles warranty items.

seb said:
What I really DON'T like:  The A/V system. 2. The wimpy water pump. 3.  Some of the chintzy wood trim. 4. The 100W solar charger. 5. The convoluted way that Winnebago handles warranty items.

1. You must be referring to the Matrix 4x4 system?
2. Wimpy water pump....more explanation
3. Chintzy wood trim...?
4. 100 w solar charger...yeah...we went to AM Solar and added 640w of solar panels
5. Warranty issue...more information

No slide issues?? That has been our biggest concern..

Thanks!

The 4x4 matrix has failed three times.  I just recently installed the $1500.00 HDBaseT 4x4 unit from Monoprice.  So far so good.  The water pump in my motorhome leaks through the check valve and has trouble keeping up with more than one water source being used simultaneously.  I have purchased a much beefier unit and am just waiting to install it.  Some of the wood trim in the motorhome is vinyl contact paper. It is bubbling up in a few spots.  The valence over the bedroom door slide unit is a vinyl strip that has completely given away.  Took some of the vinyl paper with it and looks awful now. Winnebago requires that I take my motorhome to a dealer and let them evaluate a problem, take pictures, request permission to replace a part, get the part, and then come back and have them install the part.  Here in the West, competent dealers are few and months backed up. Why can't I remove the defective part, send it to Winnebago and get a new one? Like the solar cell, the water pump, or the 4x4 matrix? Like I did with Tiffin?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urnwholesaler
Back
Top Bottom