Interesting Winnebago Article

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Molaker said:
Well, mostly.  Social Security and Medicare might be getting strained a bit. :)

you're right about that....better get it before it's gone.

Just got my first Soc Sec check two weeks ago. Hope they don't run out of money while I am still kicking.

Becks said:
Just got my first Soc Sec check two weeks ago. Hope they don't run out of money while I am still kicking.

Unless Congress tinkers with it, Social Security is funded for at least the next 20 years.

Gary RV Roamer said:
"Unless"?  Congress is nothing but a large group of inveterate (and incompetent) tinkerers!

Remember that when you vote in November.  Do your research on the candidates and get rid of the tinkerers and elect the fixers.

Ned said:
Remember that when you vote in November.  Do your research on the candidates and get rid of the tinkerers and elect the fixers.

All candidates are so entrenched in their party's dogma there are no fixers on any ballot.  Only candidates who try and make you believe they are fixers and not tinkerers.

BTW, the biggest driver in the economic growth of the last 40 years has been cheap labor.  To wit:  Walmart making billions mostly by paying most of it's employees somewhere close to minimum wage.

Paul

RLSharp said:
Here is an interesting article on Winnebago Industries. The story is from the September 1, 2014 issue of Fortune. It looks like the company is making a very significant comeback from the 2009 down turn, thanks to the baby boomers.
R

Read that  article a few days ago and it was very interesting.  During the Grand National Rally this past July at Forest City, we took the plant tour and the guide was chock full of facts about Winnebago and the factory.  One of the things that surprised me the most was that Winnebago no longer builds coaches for inventory - just too much money invested in coaches sitting around.  So everything they build (or almost everything) is already sold.  That may explain why I see Winnebago dealers listed in my area but seldom see many Winnebago coaches on their lots.  Even Camping World maintains usually only a few Class Cs on hand.  By my way of thinking, it also helps keep the price up for used Winnebagos since they are immediately available when put up for sale.

Back
Top Bottom