2000 Hurricane 31Q wet hall rug

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

duggie1126

Little late but made our first trip of the year. In the middle of the night I heard the pump come on then go off so I figured whoever was up last didn't shut it off after using bathroom.  Not hooked to shore power or generator at night.  Got up and the hall rug is soaking wet and there is a wet spot in bathroom. Can't find leak anywhere.  Dog's didn't do it. Looks like leak went from hall to bathroom as the hall is soaked. Must be something to do with pressure as the pump comes on.  Any suggestions.

Nah, blame the dogs anyway. They lie most of the time when asked questions like that!! ;D

No, I think it is more likely a plumbing leak, perhaps at a fitting,  the resulting slow drop in pressure from any leak will likely start the pump if left on. Don't forget to look behind the toilet. There is most often a small plastic valve back there (an anti-siphon valve) that can spring a leak. It can be well hidden in some models as mine was, in the Thetford Aurora model.....

Don't forget to check under the sink as well, lots of pipes and connections under there and the water will easily flow off the shelf onto the floor. (Been there, seen that!!!) In my case, the anti-siphon valve hidden in the bathroom sink cabinet for the black tank flushing system leaked (but only after the flush system was used after dumping). Won't be your case if using your pump and fresh water tank but....

Any water leak will cause the pump to cycle, and the frequency of it gives an idea of the size of the leak. Normally you would leave the pump on 24/7 and it would not cycle unless you open a water tap.

Since the leak seems to start in the bathroom, check the water supply for the toilet. The flush valve is not an unusual source of leaks.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom