1997 bounder

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You don't need a part number, just the make and model of the pump. It's not a Bounder or a Fleetwood part - just a standard RV water pump of some make. Probably a Shurflo. You can replace it with any current pump product as long as it is not a much higher GPM (gallons per minute) rating. The GPM itself isn't the issue, but a larger pump may exceed the electrical circuit capacity. There will be a fuse and probably a pump control relay in the circuit and they have limits.  You should be OK with any pump up to around 4 or 5 GPM.

yes i think so . most pumps i see have more pump pressure than mine . ................. thanks

3 GPM is OK, except maybe when somebody is showering and another faucet gets turned on full. That can cause a flow drop and a yell from the shower! But in most cases the lack of adequate water flow in an RV is NOT caused by insufficient pump pressure - it is typically something else.

If you are replacing yours, consider a variable flow pump. They are more costly but  smoother in operation. Some of them require up to 10 amps of 12v power, though, so may be too much for your existing pump control relay and wiring.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom