Trip to Arizona

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kurtmjones

I have a 35 foot 5th wheel camper and I want to take it out west this coming summer (late June, early July). This may not be the best time to do it, but I work for the public school system so I have to work with what I?ve got, and that?s when I?m off.  I want to see the desert, especially saguaro cactus and buttes.  That probably sounds kind of cheesy to those of you who live there but those are my two big ticket items.  I want to rent a Harley motorcycle and ride one of the long desert highways that go through miles of desert, so there would have to be a major city as a starting point for that.  I do not want to cross into Mexico at any point.  This will probably be my one and only trip to the western desert, so any advice would be welcome.  Big city entertainment is not of any real interest on this trip, there are plenty of big cities on this side of the country and I?ve been to most of them.  I am looking to see the classic west, especially its unique physical beauty.  Also touristy Wild West shows are really not something I?m looking for, but an old west style town would be really cool.  Advice on campgrounds would also be great.  Thanks for any help you can give, if anyone is looking for a ?deep south? north Florida/south Georgia experience I will be glad to reciprocate :).

Back
Top Bottom