Vinyl Flooring in RV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angelbunnie13182

Hey ya'll. I am happy to say that before we got our 5th wheel and I saw where there was going to be vinyl flooring, mostly in the main living quarters, I about had a heart attack. All I could imagine was the flooring I grew up with. The 80's colored square vinyl blocks...I am not sure if you know what I'm talking about. But it's not pretty. I was happy to see once the RV arrived that it looks like wood throughout the whole RV. Phew! What a relief. I was painting the bathroom the other day and some paint got on the floor. I was able to get it up fairly easily with paint remover and a wire brush but I noticed how it stuck to the floor pretty well. I was wondering if it would be a crazy thought to paint or stain the vinyl flooring if I was wanting another color rather than getting the "click together" flooring from Home Depot or Lowes? I mean we found some we liked that clicks together like puzzle pieces and has sticky material on the back. I am worried though about it adding height to the floor and us having problems when the slideouts came back in and it not being low enough for them to slide in without messing up the floor or getting stuck. Thoughts anyone? Feel free to tell me I'm crazy LOL.... :p

painting that vinyl might work- for a while, till that wears off.
take it up and put down what you like, you might be better satisfied

Ernie Ekberg said:
painting that vinyl might work- for a while, till that wears off.
take it up and put down what you like, you might be better satisfied

We have heated floors and I don't know how hard it would be to take it up, but you make a good point!

Stay away from flooring with an adhesive.  If the Army decides to send you someplace cold, it won't do well.

Stu

Buzzard 616 said:
Stay away from flooring with an adhesive.  If the Army decides to send you someplace cold, it won't do well.
and you history with that statement comes from?

Stu

Back
Top Bottom