MCD electric shade forgetting its programming

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

javandyke

I have two MCD electric shades on the windshield, one a sun shade and one a night shade. Recently the night shade began losing its programming rather regularly while the sun shade continues to work perfectly. I've kept an eye on battery voltage since MCD says at or below 11 volts this could happen. My batteries never come near this low a voltage. It seems this occurs after I've used the battery disconnect when storing the rig without it being hooked up to shore power. I used to do this with no problems.

I reprogram the shade and it works fine until another period of inactivity when once again it will forget its programming. The sun shade never forgets. It's a pain to have to reprogram this shade on a regular basis since it takes two people.

Anyone else experienced this and found a solution?

Since no one ever replied to my query I assume this is not a common problem. However, as follow up and FWIW, I finally tracked the problem to a poor connection in a crimp splice. I cut it off and installed a new one and the problem appears to be resolved.

HI Jim... We've got the same shade setup, but when you posted back in August, I couldn't think of a reason it would be failing like that. Thanks for the follow-up... just in case I ever have the same problem.

Kev

I have a 2011 Winnebago Adventurer  and need to reprogram my electric shades.  I let the motorhome sit for quite a while over the winter with the batteries still connected and probably lost voltage to drop below the 11 volt limit. 

The reprogramming part I understand.  It's getting to the wires and learning switch that is proving to be the challenge.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Dan

Dan T said:
I have a 2011 Winnebago Adventurer  and need to reprogram my electric shades.  I let the motorhome sit for quite a while over the winter with the batteries still connected and probably lost voltage to drop below the 11 volt limit. 

The reprogramming part I understand.  It's getting to the wires and learning switch that is proving to be the challenge.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Dan

Dan T
I extended the learn wires of my MCD full width windscheild shade and put the momentary push button switch in a hidden but accessible location under the dash.

Can anyone tell me how I get to the learn wires on a 2011 Adventurer?  I disassembled the left hand post that covers the power wires.  I can see two wire bundles which I assume are for the solar and night shade.  I tried to take down the windshield wide top cover but one of the screws was so tight I couldn't undo it, so I'm not sure if that would have helped or not.  On inspection it doesn't look like it.

Dan

Dan,  my switches were on the right  (passenger) side, tucked up in the space at the end of the shades. It's a 2 person job. My wife worked the learn switches and I worked the up/down switches.

remember you don't always have a learn switch on every shade. All the shade comes with is two wires that have spade connectors on the end, usually on the right side tucked up behind the valance. You should be able to get up there and reach around to find them without any disassembly pretty easily. You move the "learn switch" from one shade to the next by unplugging it and moving as needed.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mark7
Back
Top Bottom