Switch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

winstons mom

I was in a friend of my daughter's TT which he had just bought (used).  In the bathroom on the wall by the sink is a switch.  By process of elimination, ( not for the light/vent/plug-in) is it to pump the water to the sink/shower?

There is often a water pump switch in the bathroom... I have two pump switches wired as standard 2-way switches.  One is in the main bath and the other is on the monitor panel which is handy to the other bath (Next to the door) and kitchen . So you are never more than a couple of steps from a switch when you need it.  And trust me, sometimes you need it :)

I only have 1 bath, but I do have 2 water pump switches.  One is in the kitchen with the other switches, and the other is in the bathroom within reach of the potty and sink. 

Gottasmilealot said:
The "other" bath?

I must have the wrong RV.  ;D

Yup, mine is a bath and a half model.  We went to the RV show last year and looked at many rigs. The one feature that caught my wife's eye (and to be honest mine too) the one unique feature that only one rig on the floor had (and it was a very large floor) was that half bath. 2 holes, no waiting.  And the half bath is the perfect place to stuff a ham shack too.

In the bathroom on the wall by the sink is a switch.  By process of elimination, ( not for the light/vent/plug-in) is it to pump the water to the sink/shower?

That's also a common location for the switch that turns on electric power for the water heater.  If it is a standard house-type wall switch, it may be for the water heater.  If it is a smaller rocker switch, it is likely for the water pump. 

It should be pretty easy to verify if it is the water pump.  Make sure there is a bit of water in the tank and disconnect from city water supply (water hose) or turn the supply's faucet off. Open a sink faucet until no more water comes out. Then flip the switch on. If water begins to flow again in a few seconds, then it's the pump. Usually you can hear the pump cycle as well. Sort of a growling sound.

Thanks for the info.  It is a switch like you use to turn on a light in your stick house.  The switch for the water heater is in the kitchen on the wall behind the stove.  Couldn't flip the switch, no water yet and didn't want to screw something up if it was for a pump :eek:!

Back
Top Bottom