Good Idea/Bad Idea

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm looking for a Class A RV for some fulltime nomadic living. Is this good? Or too good to be true?

http://www.rvtrader.com/listing/2010-Coachmen-Freelander-23BB-112969172

Seems a bit too good to be true. That coach is worth at least the $32k and probably more like 44k if in good condition, so I would be very cautious. Scammers often make the asking price ridiculously low and that's a tip-off, but this one is just on the fringe of unbelievable.

It would have sold new for around $72k, though perhaps discounted to $60k-$65k. However, this apparently is not the original owner (says he bought it for this summer's trip). Maybe he bought it right and can afford to sell at this price.

Usually language is the dead giveaway in those scammer ads, and this one contains pretty much perfect English.  Unless they copied and pasted from another ad, they are probably legit.  Regardless, I would do my due diligence and make sure nothing is done by wire transfer or anything else the slightest bit hinkey. 

This one could go either way.  Use normal diligence, everything face to face, exchange cash for title and keys at the bank.  Not a penny until you've driven it.

I listed a motorcycle for sale on eBay about 10 years ago.  Before my auction was even over, a scammer had copied my ad word for word, set up another auction under a bogus ID, and used my pics.  I reported them, but the ad stayed up for a couple of days.  I went in and edited my ad with my home and work phone numbers and assurance to any bidders to call me and personally talk to me.

Insist on talking to them on the phone and seeing it in person before agreeing to anything.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom