How to secure loose furniture while moving?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bzumwalt

We recently updated our motorhome by removing the dinette and replacing it with a round pedestal table and two dining room chairs. We also replaced the sofa sleeper with two recliners. Since these are all loose pieces of furniture, we would like to find a way to securely strap them down while moving to make sure they don?t tip over or become large flying ?death objects? in the event of a catastrophic accident. All of this is in the large slide on the pilot?s side of the coach.

The simple solution would seem to be d-rings in the floor and cargo straps. However, to securely install d-rings, they need to be attached with nuts and bolts and washers or an anchor plate on the bottom side. The bottom of the slide is smooth sheet metal because it has to slide over a long rubber seal when moved in and out. So, I?m worried the extra hardware might damage the seal. I guess you could screw the d-rings into the floor with lag bolts, but then I?m afraid they wouldn't be strong enough to hold in the event of a real emergency.

How have others done this? Any thoughts or suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom