Welsh welcome for Obama

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
Stars from the olde country roll out a Welsh welcome to President Obama ahead of his visit to the NATO summit in Newport, Wales. Watch video.

I wasn't, but received the link from a relative and, after viewing the video, thought I'd share it  ;)

I'm waiting to see if the Presidential limo gets stuck on a castle draw bridge  ;D

The one thing I never expected to see on this forum was a crossover into political commentary, unless there was a bill or regulation affecting motorhomes and RV living.

What political commentary? I linked to a video showing the warm welcome extended to our President by celebrities in my homeland. There was no political commentary in my message or the linked video.

LOL Marty. You could always put the coach on a ship. OTOH since they drive on the left, you'd be better off renting an RV there, assuming you could find one.

Tom, would you put up negative or hostile videos or messages to Obama or articles on Obama?...and there are a lot out there.

Political commentary is not only words, but also visuals. And as I see it, it has nothing to do with Rving.

There's nothing hostile about the video. The "welcome to Wales" messages from the Welsh performers were sincere. The same welcome would have been extended to any U.S. president. This happens to be the first Presidential visit to Wales, and therefore has special meaning to the people of Wales.

I've been on this forum 21 years and posted 38,000 messages; You won't find a single political statement among them. You've been here a month and want to read something sinister into my message.

... it has nothing to do with Rving.

If you read the 44,000 other posts on this Shade Tree board, you'll find many that deal with non-RVing subjects. The board was named for the friendly ramblings that occur among RVers. Spend any time among RVers and you'll understand.

Thanks Tom, glad you posted it, may add it to my bucket list
Would not of seen it if you did not post it.
Howard

Betty, let me know if you need a tour guide  ;D

The hardest part of watching this is my deciding which to visit..Scotland.but I've always wanted to visit Ireland or England.....but why not all three. 
Thanks for posting Tom.

Thanks Margi. As you can imagine, it was a bit of a contrast to arrive in California, in the middle of summer after a drought  ;D

Thanks, Tom.  My family name (Kerr) chases back to Wales and I've had an interest there for years.  I even have close family in Great Britain offering a place to stay while we're there, but for various reasons cannot go.  Wish we could.

Interesting Tom. I hadn't heard of Kerr as a Welsh name. In fact, there's no letter 'K' in the Welsh alphabet. After reading this article, I'm wondering if it was morph'd into Scotland from a different original (Welsh) spelling, e.g. "Cer" in Welsh would be pronounced with a 'hard c', and sound like the English 'Kerr'. Conjecture and some creative thought on my part.

OTOH  I know that many Welsh names were misspelled at Ellis Island or on the ship; Folks wrote down what they heard, not necessarily the 'correct' name.

Tom said:
Interesting Tom. I hadn't heard of Kerr as a Welsh name. In fact, there's no letter 'K' in the Welsh alphabet. After reading this article, I'm wondering if it was morph'd into Scotland from a different original (Welsh) spelling, e.g. "Cer" in Welsh would be pronounced with a 'hard c', and sound like the English 'Kerr'. Conjecture and some creative thought on my part.

OTOH  I know that many Welsh names were misspelled at Ellis Island or on the ship; Folks wrote down what they heard, not necessarily the 'correct' name.
Actually, it was morphed into Scotland.  From our research, anyway.  But, it wouldn't be the first lineage direction where we were misled.  If you look at the name "Kerr", it has had several different spellings, some verified, some only speculated.  Regardless, here I am. :)

Back
Top Bottom