EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Starting the Process...  (Read 7866 times)

John Beard

• ---
Re: Starting the Process...
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2015, 06:16:55 AM »
that's is great- how long to get the building permits after the lots get approved?

The total process is about 30-36 months to move in...God willing.
John & Susan
2014 Winnebago Aspect 30J
2005 Jeep Wrangler X, Toad, a little modified
Northwest Las Vegas, NV

SMR

• ---
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2015, 07:02:11 AM »
wow-
prior to moving to Elkhart we lived in Arizona, I worked for a custom home builder (Cave Creek, Scottsdale, Carefree area) as home designer/project manager- it would take about 2-3 months to get a permit and cost 2000-3000 for the building permit and full sets of prints, floor plans, elevations, foundation, sections, electrical, mechanical, plumbing all the details and pages of notes.
when we moved to Elkhart County, I went to work for a builder (and still do....) and was awed when I went to get permits. took about 2 weeks and cost 250.00 for the permit and 100.00 for the septic. they just want the site plan and square footage of the house. all where you live I guess
lets hope they get it done sooner than later!!
Gonna put the world away for a minute......
Steve
2016 Bighorn 3760 EL
2015 Ford F350
me, DW and our 2 dogs

John Beard

• ---
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2015, 07:23:25 AM »
wow-
prior to moving to Elkhart we lived in Arizona, I worked for a custom home builder (Cave Creek, Scottsdale, Carefree area) as home designer/project manager- it would take about 2-3 months to get a permit and cost 2000-3000 for the building permit and full sets of prints, floor plans, elevations, foundation, sections, electrical, mechanical, plumbing all the details and pages of notes.
when we moved to Elkhart County, I went to work for a builder (and still do....) and was awed when I went to get permits. took about 2 weeks and cost 250.00 for the permit and 100.00 for the septic. they just want the site plan and square footage of the house. all where you live I guess
lets hope they get it done sooner than later!!

At the Clark County Building Department we have a staff of plan checkers that love their jobs, and in turn they want to do as thorough a job as possible to ensure the public safety... is there a hint of sarcasm there... 8).

The Civil Improvement process of taking a 2.5 acre piece of land and subdividing it into four 1/2 acre building lots in Clark County is cumbersome and expensive. The permits and fees will amount to a few thousand dollars, the building permit and connection fees will be enough to choke a horse. The water connection fees alone are several thousand dollars for a residential connection, then the sewer connection fees, etc, etc, etc.

It will take all of 30 months from now to move in...if all goes well.
John & Susan
Northwest Las Vegas, NV

Terry A. Brewer

• ---
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2015, 07:02:40 PM »
The total process is about 30-36 months to move in...God willing.

It only took 5 years to build the Hoover Dam & that included building Boulder City...

http://www.bechtel.com/projects/hoover-dam/

John Beard

• ---
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2015, 06:07:13 AM »
It only took 5 years to build the Hoover Dam & that included building Boulder City...

http://www.bechtel.com/projects/hoover-dam/

They didn't have the Clark County Building Department to contend with. Design and permitting will take 24 months.
John & Susan
Northwest Las Vegas, NV

Becks

• ---
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2015, 12:07:23 PM »
I had no idea the process could take that long anywhere in the US. Twelve years ago we bought property in SE MN, and three months later moved into a four bedroom, 3 bath, 3 car garage home.
2006 Travel Supreme
Spartan 42FT Tag Axle
1040 watts of solar
2014 Jeep Rubicon/2003 Honda CRV

John Beard

• ---
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2015, 02:59:50 PM »
I had no idea the process could take that long anywhere in the US. Twelve years ago we bought property in SE MN, and three months later moved into a four bedroom, 3 bath, 3 car garage home.

It is rather ridiculous. Back in the day (1988ish) I built a Rural US Post Office in Amargosa, NV. The only required inspection was for the septic tank and leach field. From start to finish it took about 60 days. Even without all of the inspections, approvals, and so forth the building is still in service today...go figure.

John & Susan
Northwest Las Vegas, NV

John Beard

• ---
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2015, 02:16:21 PM »
Another small piece got put in place today, we received the proposed site layout. Once I get a scale copy made I'll be able to start doodling the shop.
John & Susan
Northwest Las Vegas, NV

SargeW

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • Life is better on the road!
« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2015, 11:22:43 PM »
Nice. It's all about baby steps......
Marty--
2017 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40SP
Cummins ISL 450 HP/Powerglide chassis
Visit our new travel blog! http://www.mytripjournal.com/rvnchickTNG
Support your local Police Officer, Fire Fighter and Military!

Hosted by Over The Network