Where to buy a pop up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cindyg

Hi all, hope you can help.  We've decided against a fifth wheel, husband just does not want to pull one so are now thinking a pop up.  We pulled one years ago but hope that the technology has changed enough to make it easier on us now that we are older and creakier.  Surely they don't have to be "wound" up anymore?  Anyway, have been looking and want one with a bathroom for sure. such as the Rockwood HW 316 or 296?  Who all has one like that, and also, where can you go to see more than one model?  Here in NS, Canada, not many to be found, and we thought a road trip to a bigger place with several to look at and choose from would be fun.  Thinking New England but would travel even further if we need too.  I just want to see them set up, rather than buy one sight unseen and then go pick it up.  Thanks in advance, hope for lots of info.

Seems like a good RV show is in your future!

I read a thread recently (on another forum dedicated to popups), about there being a lot of poups in Minnesota.  Someone observed that in their travels they have seem more ther than most other places.
I know from several years frequenting that same forum that there are a lot of folks in Canada (Ontario mostly I think) with them.
I don't see a huge number of them here in Florida..... although there were more than "usual" in a SP on a recent trip.
I just traded "up" from a popup to a class c, so I'm still current on all things popup!

One observation, a lot of folks (older couples) on that forum like the A-Frame style of popups.  Easier and faster set-up, and fewer of the disadvantages you have with canvas.
Yes, many pups do now have power lifts and power tongue jacks..... and folks use cordless drills to lower the stab jacks and to raise the roof....
I seriously considered highwalls for a long time, but ultimately decided they weren't for us.
I'm not sure I understand the choice of a HW pup over a small 5th wheel based on ease of towing, but hey, that is a personal choice and there are lots of variables.  I get it if you are comparing against one of the mega-monster 5ths
But it seems to me that hitching and towing a small 5th is easier, and especially considering that the HW would require at least a sway bar if not a WDH.... they are big trailers.

We just purchased a Fleetwood 246 Mac it has a slide and shower/toilet. After having a 34' 5Th wheel this is hard. But tonight I backed it into my backyard. Very nice! Hooking up was a snap. Also 15 17 MPG very nice.
Not easy a the 5Th wheel setting up. We do not feel safe parking in a Walmart. Soft sides not hard side. We were lucky to find this pop up. After two months of looking we found few that we were not full of problems or just not what we needed. Now we are getting it just the way we want it. We will be on the road for 4 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom