What was I thinking???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

canuckrv

So last night just as I was going to start making dinner we lost power during a thunder storm. Being the resourceful guy I am down to the basement grabbed the old propane stove from our tent camping days Rigged up some flash lights opened the windows now that the rain had stopped and struggled cutting up mixing up and cooking up some dinner. Just as the water was coming to a boil I looked out the window and saw my RV just sitting there, I could have been cooking on a proper cook top with lights and all the other luxuries out there Why oh Why did I not think of that?

Tuesday morning we woke to no water in the house, the whole area was without water.  We needed to shower, so out to the motorhome.  That's why we always keep at least a half tank of fresh water in the motorhome, it's for just such emergencies.

Hurricane Irene left us without power for eight days. The MH was our little oasis with electricity and, more importantly, refrigeration.

Glad to see I'm in good company. About 5 or 6 years ago we were getting ready for bed on a sweltering night (no A/C in the house). After enough of my complaining, a light bulb went off over Kim's head and she says "Duh, we have an air conditioner in the driveway?". Still don't have A/C in the house so we spend all the hot nights out in the camper.

Back
Top Bottom