Curtains - with or without tiebacks?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angelbunnie13182

I just got my friend to sew some curtains for me. She shortened ones I'd gotten from Walmart. Hated the ones that came with the rv. Well when she sewed the bottom she made another loop. So when I got home and hung them I noticed this. They hang kinda funny because of that weight on the bottom due to the loop. So I decided to get some curtain rods and place through the bottom loop and hang the rod taught so they would stay open if I wanted but could close them if I wanted as well. Then last night I thought maybe curtain tie backs would look nice. We have a lot of burlap in our main living area and I found some adorable burlap roses that are attached to sisal to make tie backs. Well now this morning I was thinking maybe the tie backs wouldn't look so good. My husband is of no use because he doesn't care either way lol...So I wanted to get a general opinion of how people thought the curtains would look, better with or without tie backs? I welcome opinions. Thanks!

By the way the first is without the tie backs on the side pic, then what it would look like with a tie back, then what I did with the bottom curtain rod.

The second picture is what it looks like when they just hang naturally.

Attachments

• curtains with or without tiebacks.jpg
    curtains with or without tiebacks.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 89
  • new curtrains in living area.jpg
    new curtrains in living area.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 95
I agree I like the tiebacks. I also like the bottom rod, I did that on a couple of my windows so they wouldn't float out and get in the way of things.

I like the tiebacks with the rods too.
But I really like your husband's (I'm assuming) look in the second picture, ha ha! :)

Cheers,
Alisa

Alisa-yes that is my darling husband. He refused to move from his comfortable spot for the photo. So it was kinda a unintended photo bomb! lol and yes he always gives me that look when I'm doing something concerning pictures and posting online about the RV. Hehe

Cnh23-glad to know people don't think it looks bad to have a rod on the bottom to keep curtains from flailing about. I kept second guessing myself if they looked ok or not. :) 
;)

Back
Top Bottom