South Padre in Oct??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DiGiacomo

My wife has a brother in Harlingen, we are planning a car and motel trip in Oct sometime......

first i would like to know if oct is a good time for south texas and  are there any known motels to stay away from...........we don't need much.........clean is foremost.....we are thinking about  Ramada Limited South Padre Island..........?? the rates are all pretty low it seems.........that is what is a little confusing to me, .............

It will be hot, when looking at a map, you will see how far south it is.  The further south the hotter it gets. That said, check the average temperatures for that time of the year at any of the weather websites for an idea what to expect.

thanks  mariekie4........i guess i should have elaborated on "the good time to go".......I don't like crowds.......so i guess my question should have to be " is it 'crowdy ;)'............in s padre in october

The worst time to go there is during spring break. As for the rest of the year just remember it is a popular vacation spot with Southern Texans. How busy it would be when you plan to visit is anybody's guess.

OK thanks a lot ....it seems that most of the 3 and4 star motels have plenty of rooms in the middle of october, but i probably need to reserve now... :)

Back
Top Bottom