2015 RV Forum Quartzsite Rally - Reply Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jeff, Garyb? =  Gary and Maria Brucker.  California.  arrived 1-14

Mike, hopefully your package will arrive soon.  Looking forward to your arrival.   

I just got a Dctor appointment that I cannot miss. We won't make it this year.

Monday Steve of Steve and Sue on this forum and I are going down to Yuma to get a full utility trailer of pallets for the camp fire.  There is a pallet company that rebuilds pallets and the ones that they cannot rebuild they used to burn.  The EPA banned them from burning so they are happy to give them away.  We just tip the skid loader for loading them.

Make sure those aren't treated lumber, not good to burn.  Perhaps that's why the EPA banned them.  You'll have lots of nails left over :)

Check with the campground host before you head down to Yuma - in past years the LTVA had a limit of 1 cubic yard of firewood per group campsite http://www.quartzsitebusinesschamber.com/blm.htm

We did the same thing in 2000, getting a pickup load of surplus pallet lumber from a packing house in Blythe and in spite of our best efforts, wound up having a significant amount left over at the end of the week.

Having no place to store it, we left it on site when we left, figuring others would scavenge it for their own fires.  Apparently this didn't happen, because the following year the LTVA adopted the firewood limit.

And yes, we made sure it was untreated wood - that's why they couldn't use it.

The Ding Bats get there wood from this same source.  I thought it was a good idea but It is about a 200 mile round trip and I will wait on advice when the main Forum members arrive.

Bob is up in California probably having a kitten over the thought of  what the pallets would do to his fire ring. IIRC back in 2006 or 2007 we had a bunch of them left over that we used as soon as he moved to town; had a few great fires. 8)

mrschwarz said:
I just got a Dctor appointment that I cannot miss. We won't make it this year.

Michael

Sorry you have the conflict but we all  have it happen.

Hope to see you next year.

I understand four more arrivals today. With some names I can let the attendee list reflect the current group.

Some photos would be great as well.

Thanks all, see you Sunday.

A few pix from yesterdays 4 wheeling tour. 

Attachments

• Bill and Gary discussing camber.JPG
    Bill and Gary discussing camber.JPG
    219.9 KB · Views: 58
  • Robbin and Bill happy to be on flat ground.JPG
    Robbin and Bill happy to be on flat ground.JPG
    203.7 KB · Views: 58
  • Huey Pilot making his descent.JPG
    Huey Pilot making his descent.JPG
    174 KB · Views: 59
So far as of tonight...
RobinsBill - Robin and Bill GallagHer
Cactustwo - Len and Brenda Nugent
HueyPilotVN - Bill
jerry@deb - Jerry and Deb Garlow
garyb1st - Gary and Maria a Brucker
tourmaster - John and Carol
Becks - Gary and Darlene Beckers
Jerry and Ardra FitzGerald
Wi1dBill - Bill and Nerita Streacker
Kevin and Cyndi Means - plus daughter, son in law and adorable little granddaughter

I hope I got it correct, if not, my apologies...

Jerry and Ardra arrived this afternoon as did Ray and Liza so you can add us four.

ArdraF

Thank you, I was seeing that they were due in by the list. We got back from town just as it was getting dark. Met all but them at the (no campfire) circle tonight.  Hope to meet them tomorrow  :)
Oh, and this is Robin  ;) I usually do the talking on here, Bill just tells me what to say. Well, other than the really organized stuff like lists. LOL, I excel at lists!  ;D

After happy hour I spoke with the man in the trailer on our west side.  He's parked sideways along with a really really old motorhome with a For Sale sign.  He said he's not with the RV Forum and understands that he'll be surrounded.  All he asks is that we not block him in because he might have to go dump and will need to get out.  I said I'd let everyone know.

ArdraF

Our arrival date (if any) is up in the air.  Dan's son Mark had a heart attack Wednesday morning.  Luckily we were in San Diego, where Mark lives, when it occurred.  He does not need surgery, but is still in the hospital.  We are taking things day by day.

Jeannine

Jeannine, we'll see you when we see you and hopefully Mark will have recovered.  We wish him well.

ArdraF

Huey Bill got to Quartzsite first so he got the only full hookup site. You snooze you loose.

Attachments

• CameraZOOM-20150117140612501.jpg
    CameraZOOM-20150117140612501.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 73
Back
Top Bottom