2015 RV Forum Quartzsite Rally - Reply Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wendy said:
remind everyone of the 3 RV Forum Rally Rules, Revised:

1. Wear your damn name badge.
2. No political and/or controversial discussions around the campfire. You can talk **** all you want but only the kind in your black tanks.
3. No pets at food events.

Where is the LIKE button?

Terry and Betty arrived around noon today  and the first thing I needed to do was to have a nap.  Life has  been rich and full of rallies these days. 
During the 4 pm Happy Hour Jeff  facilitated  introductions.  I'm delighted to  reconnect with long time RVForum friends and happy that there are  many new delightful people at the rally.  Sorry to see some leave already. Work does get in the way sometimes!

Jeff  got a group to play golf, he can tell you where and when.

Terry said he would lead a 4 wheel off road  run  one day and is hoping Frank will do the  same on Thursday and  Friday.

We cheered when  Larry and Loretta arrived just before dark having been to Phoenix for a quick fix! Owning, driving and living in an RV is  ALWAYS an adventure!

I finished the appointment and we'll be there with some friends tomorrow. Hope there's still some room!?

Wendy said:
We're still in Palm Springs. Mike drilling a hole in his finger slowed us down. We're shooting for Wednesday now. Keep the campfire burning. And remind everyone of the 3 RV Forum Rally Rules, Revised:

1. Wear your damn name badge.
2. No political and/or controversial discussions around the campfire. You can talk **** all you want but only the kind in your black tanks.
3. No pets at food events.

Have fun and see you on Wednesday, hopefully.

Hugs
Wendy

Attachments

• IMG_4109 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_4109 (Medium).JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_4112 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_4112 (Medium).JPG
    79.2 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_4113 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_4113 (Medium).JPG
    111.3 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_4114 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_4114 (Medium).JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_4115 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_4115 (Medium).JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_4117 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_4117 (Medium).JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_4118 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_4118 (Medium).JPG
    152.4 KB · Views: 33
This years trip started with a long starting delay and it continues. Hope to get work done to the MH by Wednesday along with other stuff. I had to go to 3 different Drug stores to get my pain killer meds 3 of them were out of  Vicodin.
Wish us luck in getting all our stuff done so we can get to Q for some of the Rally and the TENT event.

Your not missing much at the tent this year Mike, unless your hot for a new carving knife, time share, flag pole or leather wallet.>>>Dan

Marsha, Tim and Charlie the dog are in Needles and will be coming in tomorrow.  Shield and Scott Forbes are somewhere in QZ and we will be touching base with them tomorrow.

BTW, It's cool here in Needles, hope it's warmer in QZ.

See everyone tomorrow!

Marsha~

Tonight there was a beautiful sunset directly behind our motorhome.  Attached is a 3-picture panorama.

JerryF

Attachments

• Sunset (Large).jpg
    Sunset (Large).jpg
    208.9 KB · Views: 48
4 Wheel drive led  by Terry leaving area at 9 am in Morning Wednesday Jan 21.  Bring chairs, lunch, and an FRS radio if you do not have a CB radio in vehicle.

New comers to today's rally Frank and Barb  Weimert,  Mike Schwartz and "company!"  I can't  remember all the names!
Richard and Linda Sharp made it in just time for  introductions at Happy hour.  Bill (Hughey Pilot) offered up his golf cart immediately to transport Linda on her  new leg parts.  That did  not sound just right  but you  get the gist!

Larry left and came back  with new batteries,  Gary left and  came back with  propane, water and empty holding tanks.We left and came back with new light bulbs. Not much new in the big tent.  But I will  likely go back and search for  some  more treats!

Wednesday 1/21 Jerry, Ardra, Gary and Maria are going on a hike on the Palm Canyon Trail leaving at 11am.  The drive is about 18 miles south of Quartzite and then a 7 mile drive into Palm Canyon on a dirt road.  It's about 1/2 mile hike one way and with site seeing it's about an hour hike or maybe 30 minutes more if we site see a lot.  We are taking a sandwich and a bottle of water.  For the hike wear sturdy comfortable shoes.

JerryF

We arrived around 11AM and got all set up and spent the afternoon visiting with old friends.  We drove around town a little bit and I'm happy to see that there are at least two glass companies offering dual pane window repairs.

Missing is the guy who was here last year selling carved wooden signs.  If you seen 'em let me know where!

If you like cowboy beans the Texas BBQ trailer in front of the rock shop has really good ones.

Wednesday evening 1/21/2015...Because there was no interest in the following trail ride I called Al Woods and cancelled it.

On Friday 1/23 some long time friends who used to be active RVFORUM members, along with Ron Ruward, are coming over here at 9:30am to lead us on a 4WD trial ride that Ardra and I took with them about  6-7 years ago.  My guess is that it will take about 2-3 hours.  To the best of my recollection it was a really fun trail ride.  I am looking forward to it.  The trail is over toward Blythe, California.  I think it was considered a moderate trail

JerryF & ArdraF

The  off road group made it back in record time by 1:30 pm.  We  had no flat tires, no course corrections, no break downs and  no spotting issues. It was not nearly as windy up on the ridge as it seems to be here back in camp. It was a beautiful day for the 7  vehicles!

Michael and Elly did very well on their first adventure in their  BRAND NEW JEEP RUBICON!  I'll have to check with him but I don't believe any of the scratches are  permanent and they both developed a list of things they now need for off road adventures.  Great job!

Gary,
You are very welcome!

It was a fun group today.  I've included a few  photos of our group of 7 vehicles.  We enjoyed the Stone Cabin and all of the artifacts.  Alice left some things  and thought about taking some things!  You will see her checking the size. Henry left his  new anniversary present!  Ray and  Liza were thinking of selling their Washington home and downsizing!

Attachments

• IMG_2948.JPG
    IMG_2948.JPG
    153.8 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_2934.JPG
    IMG_2934.JPG
    150.2 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_2947.JPG
    IMG_2947.JPG
    137.1 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_2929.JPG
    IMG_2929.JPG