2015 RV Forum Quartzsite Rally - Reply Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ron from Big D said:
I love the ice skates.  Fat chance they will ever be used there.

Well It may  get down to 43 tonight, so unless it  gets colder chances of a lake of ice are slim.  But we do think it is cold. Just ask Gary B at Happy Hour tonight, he thought it was as cold as his Minnesota winters!

I plan to walk  at  10 am  in morning.  Hopefully there will be a group!

Forgot to mention  all the new arrivals at Happy Hour tonight. ( despite the wind)  Wonderful folks from California and Canada! 
So walk 2 miles with us in am !

Gary, Maria, Jerry and I went down to Palm Canyon today.  We had a nice enough hike but boy was the canyon windy!  It made for tricky footing.  It looked like someone went in after the winter rains and added a lot of small rocks to smooth the trail somewhat.  My one and only photo of the palms was a bust.  The shadows were on the lower part of the canyon and the sun was high on the canyon walls.  The palm trees were right where the shadows and sun met and got wiped out so no photo of the palms.  Maybe Maria had better luck.

ArdraF

Attachments

• Jerry-Maria-Gary (Medium).JPG
    Jerry-Maria-Gary (Medium).JPG
    248 KB · Views: 44
  • Up canyon (Medium).JPG
    Up canyon (Medium).JPG
    167.6 KB · Views: 35
  • Down canyon (Medium).JPG
    Down canyon (Medium).JPG
    86.3 KB · Views: 27
Ardra, don't know if this is an improvement of what you got but Maria added a bit of I-Photo magic to one of her pix. 

A few other candids of the hikers, Jerry, Ardra, Maria and yours truly. 

PS.  Maria's going to the museum tomorrow.  Time ???.  Anyone interested in joining her?

Attachments

• We made it.jpg
    We made it.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 32
  • Palm Canyon.jpg
    Palm Canyon.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 30
  • Done With the Wind.jpg
    Done With the Wind.jpg
    217.8 KB · Views: 28
  • Finally the photographer photographed.jpg
    Finally the photographer photographed.jpg
    225 KB · Views: 26
  • You never know where Jerry will pop up.jpg
    You never know where Jerry will pop up.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 35
  • Heeeere's Jerry.jpg
    Heeeere's Jerry.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 31
  • Anyone seen Jerry?JPG.JPG
    Anyone seen Jerry?JPG.JPG
    200.4 KB · Views: 31
I'm finally leaving Palm Springs after taking care of some last minute problems.  Expect to see me around midday Thursday.

Lou

Anyone here in the RVForum group have a scanner?  Ann needs to scan a document, and if someone had one she could use for a minute, it would save her a trip to town.

Thanks!

Paul

Hi Folks,

Sure miss being there with the group, but the boon docking thing, especially in the desert just doesn't seem to work for us.

Has anybody mentioned anything about trying to get together this OCT in Moab? From reading the posts, it sure sounds like this is a better time for Moab than May, especially since the ATVs aren't competing for the trails then. We missed last fall because we attended the Balloon Fiesta in Albuquerque, but would sure attend if there's going to be one this fall.

What a day, January 22, 2015.  Terry went out  to breakfast with  Jeff, Barb and Frank. He had chicken fried steak and did  not want any lunch!  I  walked with the group at  10 am.  2.03 miles or 2.09 miles according to the pedometer you believe! I learned that  Marge and  hubby Utahclaimjumper left today and  returned early  with  a fixed refrigerator coil.  Love it when a plan is an easy and  inexpensive ( under $100 fix)

Terry and Frank spent the day  on the floor of our motorhome trying to get the  motosat to  work.  They swapped modems ,  re did  electrical and on and on... NO LUCK.  I went shopping and got new scissors, pizza flavored cheese, a  floor mat, bottle stoppers and  smoked flavored salt and steak rubs.  The big tent was still too crowded for me so  I  found my "bargains"  at Tyson Wells. 

I tried to visit Linda Sharp but her motorhome entry was blocked  by Richard fixing batteries!  Frank helped Richard load them in Richard's car and he  went to town!

I saw  several men  trotting  back and forth with  light fixtures in hand.  Seems Bill ( Hughey Pilot) was offering  "man cave" craft sessions to  have men convert their florescent lights  to something LED in nature.  He has quite the set up! FMCA should take a note and offer such hands on sessions!  Bill's  lady friend, Rene and daughter arrived in time for Happy hour.  More on Happy hour in next post!

Attachments

• IMG_2975.JPG
    IMG_2975.JPG
    86.8 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_2971.JPG
    IMG_2971.JPG
    147 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_2970.JPG
    IMG_2970.JPG
    146 KB · Views: 50
Lotsa  new comers were welcomed at Happy Hour tonight.  Weather was much more cooperative in that there was less wind.

Marsha and Tim L. arrived to day  but failed to show up in time for introductions at Happy hour.  Lou Schneider drove in  and we hear he may be playing hooky from work ( not answering his phone)

There were a bunch of  new folks who arrived last night  during the wind but I did not know there was  a gathering so forgive me for not  highlighting  name of new folks.  Guess you gotta name yourself!  They were really nice people so they gotta come forward!

Our invited guests Pat and Alice M were  introduced tonight and while  their  gig is to lead groups with Adventure Caravans,  they were more than content to read their books in peace all day. I'll get their  picture before they leave!
sometimes unstructured is just what the doctor ordered.  So it goes with Quartzsite rallies....do your own thing!
Fire was started and I trotted home  to do dinner and these postings!

Chet18013 said:
Hi Folks,

Sure miss being there with the group, but the boon docking thing, especially in the desert just doesn't seem to work for us.

Has anybody mentioned anything about trying to get together this OCT in Moab? From reading the posts, it sure sounds like this is a better time for Moab than May, especially since the ATVs aren't competing for the trails then. We missed last fall because we attended the Balloon Fiesta in Albuquerque, but would sure attend if there's going to be one this fall.

Chet,

The time frame conflicts with an FMCA 4 Wheel rally in St. George. Last year most of our folks chose Moab but this year they are going to St. George. I don't know if anyone would be interested in going to Moab a week or 2 earlier, but personally I'm OK with taking a year off from Moab.

If others want to discuss this further we should probably split this discussion off in a new topic.

ken

Dinner is over and I'm back! 
Happy Hour tonight resulted in a couple of BIGGies!

Following  introductions, we see a brand new Allegro motorhome driving in towing a yellow Volkswagon.  After a nearly  6 year search Mike and Wendy L (mike coke) struck a compromise between the two of them  and bought a new rig!  They  kept a secret from those of us at Indio where they struck the deal.  She looked mighty exhausted having  transferred all those possessions from one rig to another. Recall he has a hole in his hand from a drill?  She is not ready for open house but the motorhome is beautiful on the outside.  I am so happy for them !

Attachments

• IMG_2965.JPG
    IMG_2965.JPG
    91.1 KB · Views: 43
And in MOST memorable moment, happy hour was  highlighted by the arrival of Ed and Donna Gorber.  They arrived in a white rental car!  Seems their  motorhome  is at home in Shediac, Nova Scotia.  They have purchased a condo in Florida but miss the RVForum Quartzsite experience so they flew today from Tampa, Florida to Phoenix and rented a car.  They are staying in a motel in Blythe, CA  and will join us for RVForum activities!  I think they win the traveled the farthest  moment! Prize to be determined!

This  gesture just shows how valuable and memorable our RVForum has  become!  What a  commitment to travel this distance.  I  heard they  have already  secured a ride  with  Michael on the 4 wheel drive trip in the morning to Dripping Springs!  We recall the flat tires ED experienced on a former trip! Good luck  Michael!

Welcome  Canadians!  And then they got their name tags to  be in line with our rules! 

Attachments

• IMG_2966.JPG
    IMG_2966.JPG
    98.7 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_2968.JPG
    IMG_2968.JPG
    87.3 KB · Views: 43
Sigh,
So many memories from our many RVForum Quartzsite rallies.  I love all the new people and energy, but I  am  also missing the long timers who are not  here for dozens of their  reasons.  Fred and Daisy, Ned and Lorna, George and Lucy, Margi and Tom, Helaine,  Bernie and Marlene, Rolf and Shirley , Jim and Pat G and D , Ron and Shirley, Dan and Jeannine, Pam and George, Ken and Sheila, Al and Vel, Ron and Sam, Bob Buchanan,  Bill and Ramonda, Don and Peg, Chris and Mimi  and all the others who are not here!  Forgive me  if I did not mention your name.  Speak up and remind  me!  We grow old together  and need all the help we can get with our memories of one another!

This RVForum is  a  tremendous  value in our life and we thank Tom Jones for his  Ownership in the whole thing!

Blubbering!....
Betty

Frank is leading a 4 wheel drive  trail in the morning at  9 am. Dripping Springs and we have not been there for  several years so it will all be new! 

Back
Top Bottom