2015 RV Forum Quartzsite Rally - Reply Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
llib enad said:
    Raymonda and I plan to be on site January 15th. 

Bill Dane
99 CC Allure

Bill

We look forward to seeing you and Raymonda in January. I should know this but is TX home?

Jerry Garlow from Elephant Butte  N M . I will be at the rally site Jan 13 with no set time to  leave . Larry Thank  you for your number. I will differently call when Debra and I  get there .

Jeff said:
Betty

It's in the book!

Jerry

I'll show you arriving on the 13th. If you care to to pass on your last name and home state that will be there also.  I did every thing I was suppose  when ordering forum flags but the order  didn't recognize my address  . Ill try again .

I believe Tom and others deserve the praise for the directions.

Jeff,
    We are in our 17th year of fulltiming and are registered in S.D.  We have twin daughters in Loveland, Co. and use them as a mail forwarding .  For Christmas , we are at our sons in Brandon, Ms. I wonder if we should be classified as stateless?  Sorry, could not resist.

Bill Dane
99 CC  Allure

Larry and Loretta Dodd from TEXAS will be in Quartzite.  Not sure on our arrival date, but will be there
through the potluck dinner 01/24 and Barb's  Birthday 01/25. 

JerryG - Just for clarity, the RV Forum gathers at Section 541 in La Posa West.  The people at the BLM gate can give you a map showing where Section 541 is located.

ArdraF

llib enad said:
Jeff,
    We are in our 17th year of fulltiming and are registered in S.D.  We have twin daughters in Loveland, Co. and use them as a mail forwarding .  For Christmas , we are at our sons in Brandon, Ms. I wonder if we should be classified as stateless?  Sorry, could not resist.

Bill Dane
99 CC  Allure

Where you park it, huh?

THE-BigLarry said:
Larry and Loretta Dodd from TEXAS will be in Quartzite.  Not sure on our arrival date, but will be there

Larry, bringing your clubs?

For those newer Forumites who are interested in chasing little white balls we have had a RV Forum QZ Open for several years started by Ron Maribito. If you are interested sing out and I will arrange Tee times at the Blythe Golf Club for later in the week, probably Thursday or Friday.

THE-BigLarry said:

Texas! What happened to Oklahoma?

Jeff said:
Texas! What happened to Oklahoma?

Sold our property in Oklahoma.  Returned to our 'Roots'.  We were both born in Texas
and now own property there.  Y'all come on down to see us....

Ron & Linda Haidenger, Surrey BC Canada, 1/15 - 1/25

This will be our first time at Quartzsite and our first opportunity to meet the fellow members of this forum.

Welcome Ron and Linda.  It will be nice to have some new faces join us in Quartzsite.  You're in for quite an experience if you've never been to the "happening in the desert."  As they say, it kind of grows on you!

ArdraF

On our trip south we swung thru Q for a day, everything looks about right for early December, Gamblers was open Sweet Darlene's had a bunch of cars, some of the RV dealers have arrived, I think I saw Solar Bills open.  We didn't have much time, bu did refresh some memories.

THE-BigLarry said:
    We will be back from Vegas the 23 and  potluck dinner 01/24 where looking forward to that . May be bringing  something  with Hatch N M hot  green Chilly.

ArdraF said:
Welcome Ron and Linda.  It will be nice to have some new faces join us in Quartzsite.  You're in for quite an experience if you've never been to the "happening in the desert."  As they say, it kind of grows on you!

ArdraF
How does the parking work once we arrive at the group site? Does someone organize where everyone parks, does each attendee just find a spot they like or is there some other form of organization? We've only been to one prior rally, held by the FMCA, and it was very organized but I understand this one is "very" different and I would hate to just go ahead and park and find out later that I'm intruding on someone.

A dirt road (track is more like it) runs down the middle of section 541 (kind of east/west).  We tend to line up on each side facing the road which means some of us face south and some face north.  We leave enough room in between rigs so we can be comfortable and not feel like we're cheek-by-jowl so to speak.  We tend to park our cars between our rigs.  About in the middle of the group we have a large clear space for the campfire ring, potluck, and other activities.  Also, there are a few places that obviously are small roads going to the next road north and we try not to block them.  That's about it.  Definitely not organized like the FMCA rallies!

ArdraF

Back
Top Bottom