I finally have two satellite feeds on the DVR! Duh......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SargeW

Site Team
I have had my rig now about 10 months, and have had the Direct DVR in it since it was new. I have always had one satellite feed hooked into the Sat 1 input jack. This allows recording of programs on the DVR as long as we were not watching a different channel.

Then last night I had an thought out of the blue. If I have two feeds coming out of the satellite dome (I do) and two inputs into the DVR (I do), why can't I hook them together?

Sure enough, looking in the Audio/Video cabinet I located another coax marked "Satellite feed 2". Using a piece of coax and a few connectors, I hooked it to the Sat 2 input jack. At first when I checked the Sat meters in the setup menu, I only showed signal on Sat 1.  :mad:

Going into satellite setup, I had to reset the satellite inputs to reflect "2 Tuners" in the setup menu. Then I let the satellite box go through it's own setup steps, and it found and initiated the second tuner.

Now I show 2 tuners with signal. So now I can watch one show, while a secondary program is recording on the other line  ;D

My 2010 Journey didn't have the ability to connect two lines to the back of the satellite box, instead I had to have 2 separate boxes in order to get programming on different TV's. Now I can use the DVR for what it was really intended for!

That only works if you have DIRECTV (Which I assume you do) with a dome it will not work with DirecHDTV but you do not have that.

On DISH, since the programs are scattered over 3 different birds.. A dome won't work that way.. A DISH, however, will.

Yes I do have DirectTV but this is my first Dome.  Fortunately Tiffin already ran two cables from the dome to the Video center so hook up was simple.

Wonder what else is back there that might be connected?!?  ;)  Ain't technology wunnerful!

ArdraF

Most domes have two feeds but for years the OEMs only connected one. On our Winegard Travlr we have four outputs that feed our two Direct HD DVRs with two inputs each.

Too funny Jeff, that's what I thought too.  Then I was up on the roof the other day and happened to notice that there were two feeds coming out of the back of the dome.  I checked the cabinet later and saw the second coax plainly marked "Satellite Feed #2".  That was my "Duh" moment.  It never occurred to me too look for another satellite feed.  It was laying in the back of the cabinet. 

SargeW said:
Too funny Jeff, that's what I thought too.  Then I was up on the roof the other day and happened to notice that there were two feeds coming out of the back of the dome.  I checked the cabinet later and saw the second coax plainly marked "Satellite Feed #2".  That was my "Duh" moment.  It never occurred to me too look for another satellite feed.  It was laying in the back of the cabinet.

Sarge

That's what you get with a new m/h.

Sometimes. My last new 2010 Winnebago didn't do that. As a matter of fact I had to go up on the roof and pull off the access panel to hook up the cables. 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom