New Refrigeration Technology

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

8Muddypaws

I came across a link to this short article in my daily geek fest at www.majorgeeks.com.  Hopefully it will be economically feasible and actually use less power.

http://txchnologist.com/post/88367608863/magnets-mean-your-new-refrigerator-will-make-history

Molaker said:
Well, of course.  Afterall, magnets do have a north and south pole which everyone knows are cold. ::)
And having a North Pole in your refrigerator, it could be Christmas every day!

Gary RV Roamer said:
I'd be more worried about EMF radiated beer!

Nah, the can acts as a Faraday cage and protects the beer.

Gary RV Roamer said:
Pshew! Glad to hear that!  But then, what about wine bottles?  :-\

I see a market for a new product, Faraday wine bottle cozies :)  But only for the white wine, red wine should be at room temperature.

On the serious side, if there is there is a serious side left anymore, what about pacemakers and the like?

Being that GE Appliance was just acquired by Electrolux who knows where this will go, if anywhere.  Too many times a promising new technology gets shelved in these mergers.

8Muddypaws said:
On the serious side, if there is there is a serious side left anymore, what about pacemakers and the like?
I think it would be like a microwave.  Unless your in it or extreamly close it would not have anaffect.

Another thought, I wonder how this would work for an RV?  How big and heavy will it be?  If it saves so much energy could it replace the Chassis and Coach A/C?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom