Choice of laptop

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can see there is a much tougher issue for fulltiming than picking the right motorhome.  And that is picking what can go on board and what has to be jettisoned.  How in the world will I ever convince the Admiral that a desktop has to be part of what is on board?  Maybe if I let her take her sewing machine?

Smoky said:
Maybe if I let her take her sewing machine?
There's no "if" Smoky. Chris always has her sewing machine on board, and we're not even fulltimers.

Just in case you thought I was kidding Smoky  ;D

Attachments

• sewing2.jpg
    sewing2.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 24
Smoky, 

Sewing machines are a must if the Admiral says so. ;D  We have a sewing maching board and frabric stash and all else that goes with quilting.  You just might get lucky and she will let you bring the computer along. ;D ;D

Smoky said:
LOL John!  Well I have been at this for 8 months now.  I am practicing quite a bit of patience. But then every once in a while I get an attack of impatience!  ::)

I have been known to tell folks I"m thinking of a new E-dress  ([email protected] or some such, note folks not a valid address far as I know)

Of course other concerns still concern as it were, For example the venerable old flusher here does not always flush (House plumbing, not MH) and I"ve gotten tired of re-flusing and plunging and so on... So www.totousa.com

The way you hanlde that Smoky is to have your own desk area like I'll have when I'm done at Davis Cabinets. OTOH you could put the PC in the toad and use it between periods of ironing your own pants ;D

Can you see Smoky trying to iron his pants while setting in the toad?? ;D ;D  Think it would be easier to keep the Admiral a happy camper.

I can see it now.? I will be parked at the campground, sitting in the toad, ironing pants while surfing the net.? The admiral will be smiling as all those messy wires will be going into the toad instead of into the MH.? :'(

How about a Mac book G4. My daughter gave me one and it puts my old Toshiba Sat to shame

I an a thinkpad lover myself.. Though some do not like the "Eraser Head" mouse, it's very natural for this touch typist.

Met a technician from SBC (Phone company) who happend to be lugging a Thinipad, same model I have in fact (Vintage) he explained that it was the "loaner" while his regular computer (A Compaq) was in the shop.. He also explained why the Compaq spent so much time in the shiop (Not nearly as sturdly built, Glass where the TP has other materials, easily cracked and broken monitor screen)

I, of course, had to agree with him (I mean, he had the same TP (600E) I'm typing on right now)

You all are too much!

I am still negotiating a place for a docking station and flat screen monitor among the lamps, sewing machines, AND plants that are on Sue's list. ??? ??? ???

Jeff /Washington said:
I am still negotiating a place for a docking station and flat screen monitor among the lamps, sewing machines, AND plants that are on Sue's list. ??? ??? ???
Jeff,
Be patient,

I thought I just HAD to have certain things.  Well now at almost 2 years I have whittled my things down  quite a bit.  Especially plants and dishes. Sue will discover what she needs in her own good time.  I,  on the other hand would not want to be without my own computer. We are now at our little cabin in Idaho and I am using my sewing machine for the first time in years.  It does feel good.  Will you have a place to park stuff so you can go visit it once in a while?
Betty

Betty:

Yes, we will have storage in Chicago near my daughter's and many things that she is going to keep for us to see/use while getting granddaughter fixes. :)

Back
Top Bottom