DINA BUS TECH DATA?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DSRTDWELR

Hi.  I am dealing with a DINA bus RV conversion.  Anyone know where I might go to gain specifications and Tech Data on a GV 1000 DINA Viaggio?  Thank you.

Jon Lundberg

Considering purchase of a 1999.  As part of my due diligence would appreciate access to Tech Data like overall dimensions, wheelbase, etc.  Can you you help or direct me to such a resource?

Jon Lundberg

I have a colleague that was an engineer at Dina before they closed.  I will contact him Monday and see what he has.  One thing to consider is the Dinas were designed for dry climate as found in Mexico.  Up in the states they were plagued with electrical issues because the connections were not sealed.  This was compounded up north with the de-icing agents on the road.  Definatly inspect all accessible connections for corrosion or hastily made repairs.  I will also inquire about parts and availability.  I don't know if MCI stocks parts anymore but he would know if a source is available.  (Dina owned MCI in the late 90's).   

Where is the coach located?

Sean G:  Please forgive me, I was abrupt.  It's 3:30AM in Tucson and I haven't had my coffee as yet.  I would very much appreciate any information you might provide.
Thank you.

No, thats good.  I spoke with my colleague today.  That coach should be 41 ft long.  Have an Allison/Detroit Series 60 powertrain.  They had rubber torsion suspension.  The tag, if equipped, would be torsion also, but could possibly be air.  The torsion bars are of a different and better design then what the Silver Eagles had.  Parts are still available through MCI.  They don't really stock them in Louisville but will import when an order is placed.  I would probably be able to get you a parts and schematic book for that coach if you so desired.  I was asking where the coach was to look at it.  I've never seen a converted Dina.  I primarily run the southeast.  I'm traveling now and will look up more info once I stop for the day. 

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MtnRV
Back
Top Bottom