Thermostat for heating and cooling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gandwadventure

I have the TrueAir residentintal control Heating and air conditioning ,Coleman-mach 6535-335  wall thermostat and would like to change it out to a Honeywell RTHL2510C Digital.
Does anyone have a diagram showing how to connect the wires.
The Coleman_Mach has 12 wires and i want to hook it to a Honeywell digital.
Above the thermostat switch  the  Cool, Off, Gas, Electric Heat. Fan has Hi and Lo, and the mode has Auto and On.
If i could get a diagram on which wires to use from the existing Coleman-Mach to the Honeywell thermostat., I believe i could make it work. The Honeywell says it is compatible with cooling and heating and with heatpump which is what i have in the 2004 Winnebago Adventurer. If temp drops below approximately 40 degrees, i manually switch the control to gas. but the Honeywell thermostat does not have a gas connection, only cool and heat.
Hope this helps to get me a diagram.
Thanks in advance .

Several months ago I replaced our Coleman-Mach thermostat with a smart Ecobee Si - complete details on my web page write-up.  The Ecobee works great and I love the auto change-over from heat to AC or AC to heat.  When we were in Colorado we would need a little heat in early morning and air conditioning by afternoon.

John Canfield said:
Several months ago I replaced our Coleman-Mach thermostat with a smart Ecobee Si - complete details on my web page write-up.  The Ecobee works great and I love the auto change-over from heat to AC or AC to heat.  When we were in Colorado we would need a little heat in early morning and air conditioning by afternoon.
Hey John: I have the same Coleman-Mach thermostat. in my 2004 Winnebago. Which diagram in you website do I use? I have 12 wires coming to my Coleman-Mach Thermostat.
Thanks again
PS. I think it would be the 2 stage heat pump and the Air Handler

You use the wiring matrix on page 2 of my write-up.  This requires quite a bit of study and commitment and is not a five minute job.  You DO NOT configure the replacement thermostat as a heat pump!

John Canfield said:
You use the wiring matrix on page 2 of my write-up.  This requires quite a bit of study and commitment and is not a five minute job.  You DO NOT configure the replacement thermostat as a heat pump!
Thanks John.
I will report back when i try this.

Here are two conversions (similar but not for the Honeywell model you mentioned):

Attachments

• hunter-digital-tstat-instructions.pdf
    71.2 KB · Views: 35
  • Coleman+to+RiteTemp+Wire+Conversion(1).pdf
    21.4 KB · Views: 34
Alfa38User said:
Here are two conversions (similar but not for the Honeywell model you mentioned):
Good find Stu. 

I used both of those documents as a resource when I started my conversion project.  The first document is somewhat dated and a bit of a hodge-poge collection of data; the thermostat they reference isn't available IIRC.  I think the second document is Duner's (Bill) chart which was a huge help.  In the end, I basically started from the beginning when I was figuring out how the Coleman-Mach thermostat interacted with the basement air control board.

Not tooting my horn (much  ;) ), but the documentation on my write-up (particularly the chart/truth table) I believe is the most detailed available on the Internet.  I spent hours researching before I resigned myself to starting with a blank sheet of paper.

Yes John, I have been collecting them for the simple reason that I have replaced 4 Coleman Mach units so far, the first was "old", but all were on warranty, thank goodness, 1 was brand new , but the next time it will likely be on my dollar. The last Coleman Mach has been good for 5 years now!!!

On this old trailer, I don't think I want to go to the "extreme" you did !!! :-\

John Canfield said:
Good find Stu. 

I used both of those documents as a resource when I started my conversion project.  The first document is somewhat dated and a bit of a hodge-poge collection of data; the thermostat they reference isn't available IIRC.  I think the second document is Duner's (Bill) chart which was a huge help.  In the end, I basically started from the beginning when I was figuring out how the Coleman-Mach thermostat interacted with the basement air control board.

Not tooting my horn (much  ;) ), but the documentation on my write-up (particularly the chart/truth table) I believe is the most detailed available on the Internet.  I spent hours researching before I resigned myself to starting with a blank sheet of paper.

Hey John: My Honeywell RTHL2510C says it is compatible with heating, cooling, heatpump, aug heat. I really need diagram that Dunewr has for Rite temp adapted to Honeywell.

Hello,

Great post and write up. I know its a bit old but on the Coleman mach i didn't notice any mention of what you did with the AGS wire?

Thanks!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom