"HELP" Need help with wiring

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dk47

I have a 2001 Keystone Cougar that has just had some extensive remodeling and repairs. New rubber roof and some decking, new rear exterior wall, and interior wall replacement. I now found a blown 12 volt fuse that was labeled br. The bathroom fan will not come on, the light over the bath sink, and the light over the head of the bed. I have un wired all of them and fuse still blows. I really need a wiring diagram to trace the wire from the fuse panel out. Does anyone know where I could get one? 2001 Keystone Cougar 245  Fifth wheel.  Any help would greatly be appreciated..  Danny

You can contact Keystone to see if they can help with a schematic, but be advised it will not show the physical locations of wiring. It just shows what devices are on each circuit without the physical routing. And sometimes the assemblers get creative with how they rout the wires too.

Contacted Keystone this morning and the customer service person tells me that there is no wiring schematic or blueprint. When I ask why not she say's, whoever is doing the electrical on a particular day just runs the wires wherever they think is best. You, or at least I, would think that with a unit with VERY limited access to the attic space there would be a uniform way to run electrical, plumbing,etc...

They have a standard wiring harness (though with many branches), so the schematic is well known. After all, each tech on the assembly line doesn't figure out the wiring needed each time a new RV passes down the line.  What they don't have is a wire routing diagram - for the very reason she cited.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom