Absolutely must have turnbuckles etc??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

arch7

Why does it have to be this specialized thing? Why not chains or cable or heavy duty fabric straps? Some of those things are stronger than the tie downs. Seems to be the turnbuckle mfr's and camper dealers etc want you to thing you absolutely must have this specialized tie down system and nothing else will do. How about I weld this thing to my bed? (I wouldn't but for arguments sake, playing devils advocate here)

I thought I was posting in the truck camper category

You're right. My mistake. I never look at that. I just click on "Show unread posts since last visit" and I just start reading. As far as the turnbuckles, that's what I have. Why not just make a set. Just go and purchase some turnbuckles and some 1/2" threaded rod and make your own. The only thing I see different with mine is that the front one's are spring loaded. I don't know it would make a difference if they were not.

Richandtd said:
Unless you want to tear up your camper it is best to have spring loaded ones.
Are you saying that all TC  must have springs? No matter the weight.

With the condition of our highways these days, it makes sense to eliminate any possibility of movement within the truck bed....Having turnbuckles gives you the opportunity to check and tighten any chains or cables holding the camper whenever you make a pit stop for gas etc.The spring loaded  ones do a better job keeping a constant tension on the hold down system and help to stabilize the camper..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom